• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sethr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Putnam County
    I understand one companies QUALITY is better than another's. But, this QD swivel Standard and HD thing has me stymied. I have a couple of both.

To make it worse, many QD receiver plates and adapters say they fit both. HUH? Is this all marketing hype? I doubt there is a mil-spec for something like that.

The issue is both types hae some side-to-side wobble which is probably expected because of the nature of the beast.

So, is there a size for the diameter of the stem that makes one either Standard or HD?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Wat8.jpg

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Not all QD's are made the same. Buy from quality manufacturers and you'll be fine (DD, BCM, Noveske, Troy, etc...). Buy crap from NC Star or other bottom of the barrel manufacturers, and be prepared for your QD to QD unintentionally.

Topshelf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2017
    New Albany
    Not all QD's are made the same. Buy from quality manufacturers and you'll be fine (DD, BCM, Noveske, Troy, etc...). Buy crap from NC Star or other bottom of the barrel manufacturers, and be prepared for your QD to QD unintentionally.

+1 You get what you pay for when it comes to accessories. Don't get cheap on some things.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Quite right.
    Both of my sling-equipped rifles wear Blackhawk! brand swivels, both of which have the screw lock mechanism to prevent them from doing the unintentional QD.
    It also pays to check the screw lock mechanism once or twice while carrying the rifle slung just to make sure that it hasn't backed out.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Also be aware that some QD sling attachments have release buttons that protrude, and some are recessed. I prefer the recessed as they're less likely to accidentally release when bumped.

Top Bottom