• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Very impressive! What modifications, if any, were needed to the shotgun's loading port to help facilitate that style of reloading? I know some shotguns like the Rem 11-87 have some button/lever you'd have to press to get the ramp to release so it would be shotgun specific for the most part, but it does look incredibly fast if you can get that technique down properly.

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Very impressive! What modifications, if any, were needed to the shotgun's loading port to help facilitate that style of reloading? I know some shotguns like the Rem 11-87 have some button/lever you'd have to press to get the ramp to release so it would be shotgun specific for the most part, but it does look incredibly fast if you can get that technique down properly.

The more you cut your receiver down and forward the better. Your thumb does go into the gun like it does when you load traditionally with the weakhand. Your thumb kinda rides sideways on the receiver. So that where it help to cut it down. Here is a pic.

QuadLoadPort-1_zpsccbb8a55.jpg

Since your thumb isn't actually up in the receiver behind the shell like a plunger it helps to cut the front if the loading port forward. This allows you to be touching the shells as it slips past the shell catch without actually putting your thumb up in the gun behind the shell Here is a pic.

QuadLoadPort-3_zps782112b3.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Thanks for posting that follow up! I hadn't seen that method of reloading before and it seems much quicker than the other methods I've seen aside from running a Saiga! Thanks again! I will be looking into this more in the future.

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for posting that follow up! I hadn't seen that method of reloading before and it seems much quicker than the other methods I've seen aside from running a Saiga! Thanks again! I will be looking into this more in the future.

It's twice as fast as weak hand loading and 10 times easier to learn.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I tried the weak hand loading technique and it felt like there was just far too much shell manipulating going on. This does seem to be far superior once you've got the grab and go of the shells down solid.

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I tried the weak hand loading technique and it felt like there was just far too much shell manipulating going on. This does seem to be far superior once you've got the grab and go of the shells down solid.

I was shocked at how much faster it is. If you start with deuces its a lot easier and its damn near as fast as quads.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I was shocked at how much faster it is. If you start with deuces its a lot easier and its damn near as fast as quads.

That is fantastic! I've got my first IDPA major coming up this weekend and after that I am planning on trying to spend the winter sharpening my shotgun skills and this is on the top of the list. Again, thanks for sharing the video, the insight and the mods you've done. Awesome!

Top Bottom