• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Great commentary here--- but any more comments about aero precision? I know you won't get a compete upper assembly from them, but what do you think about their quality?
    i really like them. You can get a complete midlength factory built gun from them for $500. Much better quality than Anderson. Aero started in the aircraft industry I believe

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Great commentary here--- but any more comments about aero precision? I know you won't get a compete upper assembly from them, but what do you think about their quality?

I've bought 2xStripped uppers from them. Quality seems okay. They have a shinier finish as compared to the FN, BCM, and DD uppers I recently completed.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Barrel length, profile, material and twist are things that are the most important. Then you also need to do a pinned gas block/front sight. Decide if you want free float, then which free float you want. Sounds to me like you are wanting a 16 or 18 inch mid length. 1:9 twist. Stainless barrel is cheaper and more accurate, but not "combat rated". It would be a marksman rifle. Not a blaster. JP, Aero, BCM, Seekins are all popular free floats

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My last upper came from here: https://www.warmachinellc.com/

18" Faxon nitride midlength 1:8 barrel, Aero upper and a taper pinned Warblock. I swapped on a BCM handguard, installed some Magpul Pro LR sights and shot sub MOA on Sunday with some 69 gr. Australian Defense ammo.

Decided that my PSA lower needed a PSA upper so switch everything out. The Aero was obviously a nicer upper receiver. I should have left it on there.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Barrel length, profile, material and twist are things that are the most important. Then you also need to do a pinned gas block/front sight. Decide if you want free float, then which free float you want. Sounds to me like you are wanting a 16 or 18 inch mid length. 1:9 twist. Stainless barrel is cheaper and more accurate, but not "combat rated". It would be a marksman rifle. Not a blaster. JP, Aero, BCM, Seekins are all popular free floats

I have a nice YHM free float quad rail I may use. Don't want stainless for sure. Can't decide on 16 or 18 inch, but it will be Mid-Length.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Well, tonight I ordered a Spikes Tactical upper with the 14.5 inch barrel and vortex pinned flash hider (16 oal), mid- length gas system and hammer forged barrel, and the 12 inch SAR rail. Haven't decided on a charging handle yet, but I have a new NiB BCG.
    The lower I have is a spikes, so for the money I decided to go with spikes upper.
    I'll update when it gets here. Hopefully I made a good choice, sometimes all the research can be overwhelming.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, tonight I ordered a Spikes Tactical upper with the 14.5 inch barrel and vortex pinned flash hider (16 oal), mid- length gas system and hammer forged barrel, and the 12 inch SAR rail. Haven't decided on a charging handle yet, but I have a new NiB BCG.
    The lower I have is a spikes, so for the money I decided to go with spikes upper.
    I'll update when it gets here. Hopefully I made a good choice, sometimes all the research can be overwhelming.
    You should be G2G with the Spikes. You definitely could've done worse. :yesway:

Top Bottom