• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Had a chance to shoot my friends Polymer Judge and I have to say I really liked it. It's fairly lightweight and yet has very mild recoil. The size isnt too bad either considering the caliber it uses. I'm thinking of buying one. Has anyone on here ever had any issues with the polymer frame? Any breaking or warping? Any other issues?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Are you wanting it for a specific purpose...such as a carry, HD, or just a fun gun?

In my experience with them they are fun as hell to shoot...but I wouldn't rely on them for self defense. They perform ok at very close range (such as home defense) if you use the right ammo. That just my opinion based off of owning one before myself. Good luck.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Just a fun gun. I already have a weapon to carry.

We tried remington .410 number 6 shot out of it. It spreads fast even at 5 yards! With the 45 long colt it was surprisingly accurate.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    68b33007-8357-4df8-a56b-ed0cca40d835.jpg

So I ended up buying it. Bought the gun at McSports and then had to drive to Walmart to get the ammo. Ha!!

I will take it out soon and fire some rounds with it. I need to see how it patterns.

Buzzard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    congrats on the new toy. I have a Circuit Judge and think it's fun to shoot. Been thinking about getting a Judge too so I can have a matching pair.
    Enjoy.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have an aluminum alloy framed "Ultra-Lite" Judge with a 4" barrel. I like it a lot. With .45Colt it is much more accurate than I would have guessed.

There are some really interesting "personal defense" rounds available. Some have 3-4 round balls (buck shot), and some have copper-plated discs, and some have shot and discs.

My Judge actually does very well with the Federal Premium .410 Handgun 2-1/2" Buckshot 4-pellet-000 Buck "Personal Defense"

They advertise on the box that the muzzle velocity is 1200fps. I don't know what their test barrel length was. My barrel is 4".
    YMMV

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Do you like the grip when compared to the larger Judge models? Haven't held a new polymer frame Judge yet, will have to compare them.

Had a chance to shoot my friends Polymer Judge and I have to say I really liked it. It's fairly lightweight and yet has very mild recoil. The size isnt too bad either considering the caliber it uses. I'm thinking of buying one. Has anyone on here ever had any issues with the polymer frame? Any breaking or warping? Any other issues?

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Do you like the grip when compared to the larger Judge models? Haven't held a new polymer frame Judge yet, will have to compare them.

It's a bit unnerving when you hold onto the grip for the first time. The grip is pretty small and you really cant put your pinky finger any where. My first thought was this lightweight canon was going to fly right out of my hand, but it really isnt that bad at all. It's fairly pleasant to shoot and I like the fact that it is compact considering the firepower it has.

Best thing you can do is just find someone who has one and go out with them to shoot it. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how tame and comfortable it really is.

Top Bottom