• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Greetings gentlemen! I'd like to start the process of acquiring a couple of suppressors and also a SMG. I live in South Bend and was okayed by the previous chief for a SBR. So I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process with chief Teachman of being ok to possess a class III firearm.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Marking this to follow...

Since you are talking Chief, I guess you live in South Bend city... I am St Joseph County so I go through the Sheriff office. I haven't checked with the new Sheriff either. So I am curious myself.

BTW if you are close by you can stop by Midwest gun exchange and ask them. They are a Class III dealer.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I have not heard any info yet. It wouldn't surprise me if he turned it down. Why not just get a firearms trust?

At least for me it has been simpler to just get a sign off. They are talking of dropping the sign off anyway. I haven't had to deal with any problem yet.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    At least for me it has been simpler to just get a sign off. They are talking of dropping the sign off anyway. I haven't had to deal with any problem yet.

Simpler to get a signoff? :rofl:

If I wanted to purchase a suppressor today from Silencer Shop, all I'd have to do is pay for it. That's it. Then in X amount of months I'd get a call from my local dealer telling me to pick it up.

If I want to file for an SBR, all it takes is 10 minutes on my smart phone.

The initial process for acquiring the trust took less than 15 minutes. I don't have to get a CLEO signoff, don't have to submit fingerprints, don't have to provide passport style photos.

If you think filing as an individual is simpler, you're delusional.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    In addition to the simplicity with a trust, a machine gun is likely to have significant monetary value. You're definitely going to want to ensure that it gets passed on in accordance with your intentions. A trust makes this quick and easy.

Kimber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    South Bend
    Teachman will not sign! His secretary told me after waiting three weeks that he doesn't believe we should have suppressor so he will not sign.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    This is why we need shall sign legislation. These butt-holes shouldn't get to determine who had what, or make people jump through hoops.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Simpler to get a signoff? :rofl:

If I wanted to purchase a suppressor today from Silencer Shop, all I'd have to do is pay for it. That's it. Then in X amount of months I'd get a call from my local dealer telling me to pick it up.

If I want to file for an SBR, all it takes is 10 minutes on my smart phone.

The initial process for acquiring the trust took less than 15 minutes. I don't have to get a CLEO signoff, don't have to submit fingerprints, don't have to provide passport style photos.

If you think filing as an individual is simpler, you're delusional.

^^^ this x's 1,000

OP, why put yourself through a dog and pony show and hassle when you don't have to? Get a trust.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If the Chief won't sign...

Then find another applicable LEO that WILL.

The NFA statutes say that "A" chief law enforcement officer must sign/approve. Doesn't stipulate which one you MUST have sign.

Chief of Police for South Bend won't do it? Then approach the Sheriff. If the Sheriff won't sign - then perhaps the county Prosecutor will.

Or get a trust.

pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I want one of these. Low price now that can only go up. It would be more of an investment than a shooter. pix366893572.jpg

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I want one of these. Low price now that can only go up. It would be more of an investment than a shooter.

Ah you want to shoot it. As long as you are not using unreliable reloads they will hold up quite well. Unfired MGs are getting quite rare. They usually don't have too much higher value unfired. Besides you can refinish and make them shine again.

Top Bottom