• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm wanting to install some type of folding stock on a WASR AK rifle. I've been looking at both the Arsenal triangle stock and the ACE system. While installation of the Arsenal appears to be very straight forward, I am somewhat confused about the ACE stock and hoping someone here can clear it up for me. It appears as though one would first need to purchase the AKRBU Ace AK Stamped Universal Receiver Block, Part #A542 (AKRBU) Ace AK Stamped Universal Receiver Block. This is where my first question arises: In the photos it shows the block mated to the grip. I don't understand how that works. Wouldn't it just replace the original wood stock in the rear of the receiver?

Next it looks as though the folding mechanism needs to be purchased, in this case either the standard FSM folding stock mechanism, Part #A500 ((FSM) ACE Folding Stock Mechanism) or the push buttom FSM, Part #A500PB ((FSM-PB) ACE Push Button Folding Stock Mechanism - Out of Stock).

Then you can finally add the ACE stock itself, Part A306 ((AKFX-FS) ACE Original Side Folding Skeleton Stock)

Is my information correct? Any help on this or opinions of the ACE or Arsenal stock would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That's a little different from the ACE reciever block I'm using on my Saiga 12. Mine utilizes one screw (the one under where the recoil spring guide locks in to the rear trunnion) and the 4 holes in the side of the receiver left over from the original "sporter" trigger. It appears that one is attached with the same screw under the recoil spring guide, but is then locked in using the pistol grip screw. The portion of the rear tang that houses the second attahment point for a standard stock is then cut off. Either way should work well and be very secure. The problem I have with the ACE style blocks is they require permanent modification to the rear trunnion in order to make the rear of the receiver flush. It's a real pain in the ass if you ever decide to go back to a standard AK style stock or folder, requiring the rear trunnion to be drilled out and re-riveted in. For this reason, I prefer a wire folder such as a surplus Romanian one because they attach the same as a fixed stock. The Polish and E. German ones work well too, but attach a little different via a grip plate inside the receiver.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Extremely helpful, thank you! I think I may end up going with the Arsenal stock then, I also don't like the idea of permanently altering the gun.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is the Arsenal about equal to a NATO length stock? The original Warsaw stock is just a tad short of being comfortable, so I may not mind the longer length. Thanks again for all your help!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Yup. I've used the shorter Warsaw length stuff for so many years it feels a bit long, but you should be good to go if you prefer a longer length of pull.

Top Bottom