• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo
    Hey guys I have been wanting to try coyote hunting for some time but dont have any private land to hunt. I deer hunt up in winamac and was wondering if any one knew if you can hunt coyote up there with an AR 15? I had a coyote walk right under my deer stand last year but didn't get a shot with my bow.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    hells yes you can! would prolly recommend getting some hunting rounds to make sure you drop them quick as the 5.56 is such a small round. hornady have some good ones to pick from! good luck bro!

Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo
    Ok good! I don't know much about it but I'm checking out some threads on here. I will definantly be picking up some hunting rounds. What kind of set ups are you guys running guns ammo optics. Right now I'll be running my 16in spikes with my aimpoint micro and magnifier. I'll probably end up getting a scope but it's what I have for now

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    every hunt is different but i like a 308 for long shots and sometimes take a 12 gauge out if i feel there is a chance they can use terrain or woodlines to sneak up on me. they really are very very smart. wind is SO important. always stay down wind of where you are hunting and watch them come in on your call, they sometimes try and flank it to get up wind. they are coming into rut here soon. the next month is the best time of year to go after them! good luck man and keep us posted.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I hunt at night with a 243 bolt gun. I have a red light mounted to the scope. most shots are inside 100 yrds. Take a friend with a shotgun full of 00! they like to sneak up on you. Wind and cover are very important. They will spot you and smell you way before you see them. I've had my best luck early morning. Good luck.

Top Bottom