• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    Hi everyone..What the heck is a Fire stick and what does it mean by jail broken.
    I have heard people talking about them and cutting TV cost...Is this real and does it work.
    Thank Daryl

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If it's jailbroken, you don't have to pay for any of the pay apps. It's like a flash drive, that you plug into a USB port, that makes your TV a "smart" tv.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I have one, gets free pay per view movies, sports, movies that are still in the theater, games, etc. Pretty neat.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    amazon fire stick, buy it on amazon. I think it sucks compared to Roku but maybe mine is bad. The remote has to by synced every time and I cannot turn it on without unplugging and plugging back in.

Jailbroken is a neat way to steal content if you're into that sort of thing.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    They cost about $40 or so from Amazon, and there are multiple good "how to's" on YouTube, etc. on how to side-load Kodi, as well as which apps work best on Kodi.

Takes maybe 30-60 minutes to set up, depending on how good you are at tech stuff (closer to 60 for me, as I get paranoid I'll do something wrong and double, recheck everything). Once set up, you can watch nearly anything you want if you're patient enough to search through the apps and find it.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I had a Roku for 2 years, and just bought the Fire Stick a couple weeks ago. Followed a simple "how to" to load Kodi on it. Took me about an hour to install it and load all the add-ons that I wanted. Now we can watch live tv, all the major sporting events, and our favorite programs. I like it much better than Roku.

Fire Stick runs on an android operating system by the way making it easy to load programs or files on it.

Carey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Mentone
    Do these things really work? Are they like the old satellite card's that you used to be able to program? Is there any way that they can get zapped like they used to?

Top Bottom