• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ok so i am trying to get enough stuff to participate in Fns. My G19 will be my primary comp gun. do they allow us to use a 33 round mag. i only have 3 reg. g19 mags but i do have a 33rd mag that could supplement the two mags i dont have. just thought i would ask. Thanks everyone.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    OK to use.

Absolutely ok to use but just to be clear, if you are planning on shooting your Glock in the Production category, you can only load 10 rounds into any magazine. If you wish to fill your magazines, you would need to choose to compete in either the Limited category (against other shooters who either wish to load to capacity, or may be using an optical sight), or Open category (not many contestants usually, but those that do are usually running a very high speed, low drag blaster). Alternatively, there's enough folks running Glocks that you almost certainly borrow a mag or two without a problem. Just speak up in the FNS thread a day or so ahead of time.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely ok to use but just to be clear, if you are planning on shooting your Glock in the Production category, you can only load 10 rounds into any magazine. If you wish to fill your magazines, you would need to choose to compete in either the Limited category (against other shooters who either wish to load to capacity, or may be using an optical sight), or Open category (not many contestants usually, but those that do are usually running a very high speed, low drag blaster). Alternatively, there's enough folks running Glocks that you almost certainly borrow a mag or two without a problem. Just speak up in the FNS thread a day or so ahead of time.

FYI, Limited allows you to load mags to capacity, but requires iron sights only (no scopes /red dots).

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    ok so i am trying to get enough stuff to participate in Fns. My G19 will be my primary comp gun. do they allow us to use a 33 round mag. i only have 3 reg. g19 mags but i do have a 33rd mag that could supplement the two mags i dont have. just thought i would ask. Thanks everyone.

FYI I have been running a Glock 23 with 15rd Glock 22 mags and have never needed more than 3 mags. I run in limited class and start each string with a fresh mag, then top them off between stages. This has worked for me and I'm far from the best shooter out here. :twocents:

Top Bottom