• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hello everybody, im to the sight. I'm from hobart indiana. Ok so I have two battery charges in indiana but no domestic charges both where self defense but of course the courts don't see that. I applied for a four year self protection cause this area is getting bad and was wondering if I will get denied for the permit. Went to try and buy a gun a couple of days ago and got delayed so waiting on that as well. Somebody please help the suspense is killing me

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    As long as you meet the following criteria:
    IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:
    (1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44.1-3-1 within five (5) years before the person applies for a license or permit under this chapter;
    (2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been sentenced for more than one (1) year;
    (3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-78), unless a court has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 35-47-4-7;
    (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a

And don't meet the following:

IC 35-47-1-4
    "Drug abuser"
    Sec. 4. "Drug abuser" means an individual who has had two (2) or more violations of IC 35-48-1, IC 35-48-2, IC 35-48-3, or IC 35-48-4, any one (1) of which resulted in conviction by a court or treatment in a drug abuse facility within five (5) years prior to the date of application.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

IC 35-47-1-2
    "Alcohol abuser"
    Sec. 2. "Alcohol abuser" means an individual who has had two (2) or more alcohol related offenses, any one (1) of which resulted in conviction by a court or treatment in an alcohol abuse facility within three (3) years prior to the date of the application.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

You are good to go. It will most likely take awhile longer for you to receive your license though.

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Thank you so much. I have been looking at a lot of forums and ingunowners seems to have the most knowledgable people so that's why I sighted up for this forum. I live right next to Gary indiana and its bad and moving into my town and with a baby on the way me and my wife both applied for our LTCH to protect our family until we can get out of this area to buy a house in the country. I hope I'm good to go with the LTCH

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    If you can pass a NICS check you can at least buy a gun for home protection. My suggestion regarding the 'self defence' battery charges, if you avoid situations (people, places, etc) where you are likely to get into altercations, you will probably have no need to stand and explain yourself to a judge. The only time I ever got into a fight with anyone it was my own pride and stubbornness that made it happen. You can't afford that kind of behavior when carrying.

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    yes i know one was at a bar where someone thought i was someone else and started to swing on me so i had to defend my self and the second time was when i was working on my truck and my moms drunk neibore came out and started talking to me wich he is a violant person and started the whole i can fix it and messing things up so i told him to go home and he attacked me so i knocked him out. i do know its nothing to be proud of but it does happen. i dont go to bars anymore. i grew up alot and settled down with my wife and expecting a child. i want to carry because i was driving home from work one night and got robbed wallet and vehicle and it not going to happen again. my town becomes more and more ghetto everyday

karatejoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Greenwood
    so... your drunk neighbor comes over and annoys you so you get angry and knock him out. At a bar another drunk swings on you and you fight him.
    Yet someone robs you of your wallet and car and you lay down like a chump and give it to him.
    With your anger issues and imaturity you will be in Prison with in a year if you carry a gun.

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    ok when you dont have a ****ing gun and have one pointed at your face you would give up your ****ing truck and wallet to. if you dont know what happend in all my situations dont say anything cool guy. you dont know the kind of person i am. im a family man not a person who goes out looking for trouble. another bull**** forum big suprise to me thanks anyway people

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    ok when you dont have a ****ing gun and have one pointed at your face you would give up your ****ing truck and wallet to. if you dont know what happend in all my situations dont say anything cool guy. you dont know the kind of person i am. im a family man not a person who goes out looking for trouble. another bull**** forum big suprise to me thanks anyway people

Welcome, and I sincerely hope you stick around. INGO is a wealth of knowledge an a great online community, but like all forums there will be a few that have to make waves.

If you do decide this is not for you, please start a new thread to let us ll know why.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial

You will find ALL sorts of opinions on this forum. Most good and well meaning, some just full of their own arrogance. Don't let those few make you want to leave. There is a wealth of knowledge here. You just need to filter some of it with common sense. A thick skin doesn't hurt sometimes either. :welcome:

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    well hello buddy. i think i will stick around for a little while longer. it really just aggravates me to see people on a forum that just wanna cause some drama like a little kid. people dont know what kind of person i am and want to get in there own two sense. im an educated person who has a career not a job. all i do is provide for my family. i dont go out and party and dont go out looking for trouble. i go to work and come home to my family but thank you for your kind greetings

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    so... [snip]...
    With your anger issues and imaturity you will be in Prison with in a year if you carry a gun.

Someone posted ^^ this.. (their perception to limited details previously posted by the OP)

The OP immediately follows with the following:

The quoted post above could be construed as 'anger issue' and 'immature' by some members.. Seems to me to be quick to 'fly off the handle'.. but I won't judge.. merely pointing out things to the OP that might cause others to jump to conclusions.

You will find ALL sorts of opinions on this forum. Most good and well meaning, some just full of their own arrogance. Don't let those few make you want to leave. There is a wealth of knowledge here. You just need to filter some of it with common sense. A thick skin doesn't hurt sometimes either. :welcome:

^ This a few hundred times :yesway:

well hello buddy. i think i will stick around for a little while longer. it really just aggravates me to see people on a forum that just wanna cause some drama like a little kid. people dont know what kind of person i am and want to get in there own two sense. im an educated person who has a career not a job. all i do is provide for my family. i dont go out and party and dont go out looking for trouble. i go to work and come home to my family but thank you for your kind greetings

There's lots of this all over the interwebz. Especially on internet forums. There's also several instances where some members appear to have short fuses leading to short tempers. :twocents:

Hang around and read. Thicken up your skin. Read the FAQ's and stickies.

:ingo:

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.

Welcome, but you do need a thick skin. It won't help to make it look like you have anger issues. It's just that some people have rough edges. I know I do!:dunno:

Given the right circumstances, I'd give up the truck to, but under the right circumstnaces, I'd have fought back. Only the person on the scene can honestly make those decisions, right or wrong.

It's a great forum and good folks. They let me in for some reason, didn't they?

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    ok thanks for the facts on the sight but when someone tells you you your a bad person for defending yourself and a chummp for giving up you things while being in a life or death situation. i had no way to defend myself with no gun and the only thing i can do is give up my things and call the police wich i did. i got evetything back and what do you know the ass that had me at gun point is still in prison.

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    and why in the world would someone attack someone new to a forum for just a simple question? its not cool at all but i do know it happens

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Welcome Rugerguy!:D

Its something when someone judges another without knowing
    them at all in the least bit.

Happened to me on here too.

Jimmy

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    so... your drunk neighbor comes over and annoys you so you get angry and knock him out. At a bar another drunk swings on you and you fight him.
    Yet someone robs you of your wallet and car and you lay down like a chump and give it to him.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The words of a pud!

Jimmy

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    ok thanks for the facts on the sight but when someone tells you you your a bad person for defending yourself and a chummp for giving up you things while being in a life or death situation. i had no way to defend myself with no gun and the only thing i can do is give up my things and call the police wich i did. i got evetything back and what do you know the ass that had me at gun point is still in prison.

Even if you did have a gun, having the opportunity to use it without further endangering yourself is something only the person in that situation can decide. It still may be better to give up your possessions than risk being shot. If I am minding my own business and look up to find a gun in my face I will first comply with their demands and then look for a way to draw my weapon and defend myself without excessive risk.

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    after really having your life in danger it really makes you think about what i could have done but think the good lord i didnt because i wouldnt be where im at now. i could be dead or have brain damage or something along those lines. i would just feel so much safer to protect myself in a situation like that with a fire arm. i dont even own anything huge but me and my wife own a ruger LCP 380. not big but will do what its made for in any life threatening situation. that why i was asking about the LTCH with the 2 charges in the first place not to stir up some drama. like i said im not some young punk gang banger looking to legaly carry a fire arm protect my pockets or stash but for the safety of me and my family.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    welcome...I'm a former region rat and i'm glad i moved down near indy. my mom still lives up there and you can bet when we go visit, i'm carrying. Don't let the knuckleheads with smartass comments get you down. hang out for awhile, read the threads and you'll quickly learn you're not the only one that gets piled on quickly. good luck to you on the LTCH. Hope it doesn't take forever. find another legal weapon you can carry till it comes. later.

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    thank you and yea the area is getting bad but i do carry a knife for now but i also have been doing some mma now but i would only use it if i half to unless its at some local fight events.

Top Bottom