Behind Bars
    images

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I didn't read through all the post but Battery can range anywhere from a Class B Misdemeanor to a Class A Felony. If your conviction was a felony class, you're probably not going to get it.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Hello everybody, im to the sight. I'm from hobart indiana. Ok so I have two battery charges in indiana but no domestic charges both where self defense but of course the courts don't see that. I applied for a four year self protection cause this area is getting bad and was wondering if I will get denied for the permit. Went to try and buy a gun a couple of days ago and got delayed so waiting on that as well. Somebody please help the suspense is killing me

Don't know about everyone else, but I automatically make judgements based upon what I hear and see from someone.

When you can't spell, form complete sentences, or use proper puncutation.........what kind of "judgements" do YOU think I or anyone else should make about you when that's the only information we have to go on?

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Ok i was on my cell phone when i posted that. What is up with you people judging other people? Why are people like you on forums that are here for helping other people? A simple qeustion turns into a bunch of idiots making automatic judments against someone else. I really hope you feel good about yourself.

Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Oh and by the way i have a four year degree in KAD drafting if anybody wants to judge for that as well. Oh and i work at Arcelor Mittal Steel in burns harbor if you want to judge some more and yes i did my 4 years in the Marine Corps with two tours to Iraq. So come on lets here some more

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Oh and by the way i have a four year degree in KAD drafting if anybody wants to judge for that as well. Oh and i work at Arcelor Mittal Steel in burns harbor if you want to judge some more and yes i did my 4 years in the Marine Corps with two tours to Iraq. So come on lets here some more

Jeremy?

Also, is KAD anything like CAD?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

I probably should just sit here, shake my head and go on to another thread, but...

Man. Have you ever been on a forum before? You've got to know that sometimes people will push buttons to get a reaction.

You don't have to get all macho on these guys. Just ignore them. You're letting people make you look like a chump (or else they're exposing you for what you are ... that remains to be seen).

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka

Jeremy?

Also, is KAD anything like CAD?

You missed one.. "Red".. all I'm sayin'

And to Rugerguy, just lighten up and realize some of us are a bunch of armchair quarterbacks that like to mess around and have some fun... we take things for face value until we can determine otherwise. Thicken up your skin. Sometimes folks will just mess with you just to be messing around. There's alot of that here from new members and long timers..

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ok so I have two battery charges in indiana but no domestic charges both where self defense but of course the courts don't see that. I applied for a four year self protection cause this area is getting bad and was wondering if I will get denied for the permit.

I'd say it depends, how far apart were the battery charges, how long since the last one? See the IC definition of proper person.
    IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:

(6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;
    Indiana Code 35-47-1

Do the two charges rise to the level of "reasonable belief"? :dunno: That's why I said it depends. If you had two within 6 months of each other within the last year or so....

Wait and see if you get denied, if you do you can file an appeal on it.

As long as you meet the following criteria:

And don't meet the following:

You missed one that could apply. See above.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I'd say it depends, how far apart were the battery charges, how long since the last one? See the IC definition of proper person.

Indiana Code 35-47-1

Do the two charges rise to the level of "reasonable belief"? :dunno: That's why I said it depends. If you had two within 6 months of each other within the last year or so....

Wait and see if you get denied, if you do you can file an appeal on it.

You missed one that could apply. See above.

Yeah, thanks for clarifying that. I thought I was missing something. I actually meant to paste the whole section but I was extremely tired. I left out quite a bit.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Oh and by the way I have a four year degree in CAD drafting if anybody wants to judge for that as well. Oh and I work at Arcelor Mittal Steel in Burns Harbor if you want to judge some more. And yes, I did my 4 years in the Marine Corps with two tours to Iraq. So come on lets hear some more.

Basic spelling, grammar and punctuation errors corrected for you. I see that your four year degree is serving you well.

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I have read both the comments by Rugerguy and the corrections by Hogwylde. At this time I have a higher opinion of Rugerguy. I don't post very often but have learned much from the people on this forum. If Hogwylde is trying to be helpful, its not working. However if he is just trying to get a reaction then it is sure working for me. Feel free to correct any and all errors.

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I'm actually a little surprised that we are 4 pages into this thread and no one has jumped on the permit vs. license thing yet... :scratch:

--Bill

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Why exactly would anyone be surprised if there are people on the forum that don't take their side, or question their actions?

There are 28,000 people! How in the world are 28,000 people going to unanimously agree on a topic, without questioning it, debating on it, or giving their own opinions about it?

Since you have two battery charges, what was posted above is going to be what you will have a hard time on, if any. If you are believed to be a violent person. This might be one of those cases where you have to go and be interviewed.
    The two instances you mentioned, were both involving drunks in public. You don't have to fight a drunk person. Yes, I wasn't there, so I don't know all of the facts, maybe he was only slightly drunk lol?

But anyway, let me ask you this.

If a drunk person tries to "swing" on you again, will you shoot them?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom