• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    blainepoe hit this on the money, imo. Ironically a friend and I got into this "warranty" conversation last evening over a brew or two....thanks to each of you of course! Any mfg that produces non-custom mass quantities will provide a short term warranty to protect themsleves (accounting work) and the consumer from defects. All mass production incurs defects, even inside the set tolerance level for defective pieces. Once a piece reaches a certain useful life, defectiveness becomes irrelevant as it would have been apparent in the given "break-in" period and could be returned. This is regardless of the type of product, if it is a gun, a new cell phone, or plastic doohicky. Anything after that could be caused by incorrect use, maintenance, or a number of other things. The "lifetime" warranty in fact does have a lot to do with marketing and does give the consumer piece of mind, but much like rebates, who honestly takes advantage of this option as often as they should/could? How many of us have decided not to mail in our rebates or broken items that have a warranty because we are too lazy, too impatient to wait, or just decided its worth the expense to buy new/fix local? Its nice to have the lifetime warranty for things you will keep and collect for years to come, but don't necessarily depend on every day. That way you can use it, enjoy it, but when or if it breaks, you can send it in and wait for it to come back.

And most importantly, after you have sent something back for malfunctioning, how likely or comfortable are you to reach for this item in a life or death situation? I mean after all, it has already malfunctioned at least once?

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    People always bash the sigma. I have said it before if anyone wants to buy my a Glock i will trade my sigma for it. It has never failed me and its better then a stick. Some people get them as gifts or dont have the money to get a Glock right away but still want to shoot/need something for personal protection. We are all a gun community cant we all just get along.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    That's awesome, tommy boy is the first thing that comes to mind when somebody say warrenty or guarantee:laugh:

I was thinking the exact same thing :):.

Chrysler is the only company that offers a lifetime drivetrain warranty on new vehicles. Do you really think Chrysler has the most RELIABLE drivetrain? I think not :rolleyes:...

~Poe

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I was thinking the exact same thing :):.

Chrysler is the only company that offers a lifetime drivetrain warranty on new vehicles. Do you really think Chrysler has the most RELIABLE drivetrain? I think not :rolleyes:...

~Poe
    Id say they are on par with all the other POS the other manufacturers have :dunno: Can we stay on topic Oh and did I mention Glocks suck ! lol J/K

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    OK... I've been off topic sorry.

let's start with I'm a pi$$ poor gun owner! I clean and lube guns when needed, or bored. I have a G21 I traded for, it was dirty when I took ownership of it.

I'm yet to clean it, in the last two weeks I've put 200 plus rounds through it, no FTF, FTE, NOTHING, it didn't even blow up in my hands (TYLER:laugh:)

all that said a warranty is for someone who actually has the motivation and drive to use it when needed.

in a glock case, I don't find it needed.

Top Bottom