• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    So i am going to shoot this sunday, and i am trying out some new handguns (to me) in my search for my first purchase. Since its a bit cool outside, do you suggest shooting with or without gloves on?

Is there much difference in trigger squeez if you wear them?

What about gloves with finger tips cut off?

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have been wearing a pair of mechanic style gloves to shoot in the cold.

As long as the pair that you wear allows plenty of room around the trigger and you don't use a gun that has a 2# hair trigger you should be OK to shoot.

Make sure to train a bit w/o your gloves before you stop shooting to allow you to get the feel of the true cold weather feeling while you shoot. It will be a more real training situation for you bro!

Have fun and keep training in different situations...

TK

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Mechanix gloves :rockwoot:
    Yea these work well for shooting and dont have any padding on the finger pads so you can get a pretty good feel for the trigger and grip. Just dont get into any snowball fights because they dont keep any moisture out :D.
    There are some nicer gloves you can get at places like gander mtn that are much warmer but dont have any padding on the index finger so you can really feel the trigger. If you know of a place that sells accessories for cops there will probably be some more gloves there that would work well but cost much more than mechanics gloves.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    4163725373_c06d7837a1_o.jpg

These are the Mechanix brand gloves. I used them for a training class and they worked great. They fit very well and don't bunch up at all. Still had good feel for the trigger and did a decent job of keeping my hands warm.

vtxrecruiter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    West Indy
    Wally Mart sells a Mechanic's glove that is even cheaper than the Mechanix brand, and they work really well. They are a super grippy fake suede, and they last forever.

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    I like jersey because they are cheap light weight and just cut out the trigger finger out till you get use to the gun and the feel of the trigger then buy Mechanix gloves

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    My thoughts on this would be for you to train/practice with the gloves you would normally wear in the real everyday world. Do you usually go around wearing gloves with the finger tips cut off?

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    I have a pair of ironclad work gloves that i use for batting gloves. I will prolly just use these for most of the day. But i plan to shoot with out them on for a bit to get the true feel of the gun, along with practice for cold shooting.

Thanks for the help and i may also buy a cheapo pair from walmart and just cut off the index. I'll let yall know how i fair.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I suggest shooting both with and without gloves, especially if you wear them when out and about. Shooting with gloves on is a PIA, IMHO, and simply must be practiced. Nothing is the same... gun doesn't point right, the gun squirms around in the hand more making shot recovery more difficult, the trigger is harder to feel and press properly. The thicker and bulkier the gloves, the more the problems are exacerbated. Very thin gloves, not as big a deal and not that hard to deal with, bulky winter gloves can be darn near impossible.

Plus, there's only one way to find out if your gloves actually work with your gun, and that's to try it out. It'd suck to need your gun, and find out your gloved finger won't fit into the trigger guard!

Cutting the trigger finger off is counter-productive, IMHO, unless you wear your gloves like that when out and about for work. Better to get some handwarmers for your pockets for when you need to warm up.

Top Bottom