• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    :scratch: i got a 91/30 i am working on i cut all the junk like front sight off the end of the barrel with some tubing cutter to make it smooth all the way out witch the cut is pretty straight. it sounds shady but it did the trick then i put a crown on it witch looks pretty dang good also for my first one and then im in the process of buying a pretty cool custom stock made by BIG GORILLA GUNWORKS. thier for sale @ thier web site and on ebay for about $200. they come n 3 diff colors of laminate wood. the big question i got i dunno what to do about the bolt. do i, A. heat the bolt handle up and try to bend it my self or, B. cut off the bolt and drill and tap with the bent bolt conv or, C. spend a little more money and buy a factory bent bolt if i can find one

www.biggorillagunworks.com for the stock info if anyone was interested

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    unless you're familiar with silver soldering you should just buy a bent bolt. if you're going to put money into that gun might as well not go to the cheap route

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    there are a few places out there that you can send your bolt out to, they cut the bolt off and weld on a new bolt. This is what i did with mine. It came back great!

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I think you should buy a bent bolt and not mess with the kits you can buy over the net. I have seen the after work and it doesn't look good. There is like some others have allready posted you can send it to them and they will do the job.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    unless you're familiar with silver soldering you should just buy a bent bolt. if you're going to put money into that gun might as well not go to the cheap route

What's the definition of irony?

It's a cheap gun so why not go the cheap route?

(I know the answer, I'm guess messing with you :D)

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I have a build in the future using a mosin and their stock.
    Home
    The Boltman check out the speedbolt too. Even if you have mod it (looks kinda goofy) a bit to your liking. Hope something helps!

+1 for Mr. Boltman. He bent the bolt I sent him for my reproduction sniper 91/30. It matches the authentic one I just purchased to the T. He does amazing work and has reasonable prices.

-rhino12

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom