• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I just got another 91/30 but i believe it may be a ex dragoon but wanted to ask for your opinions. I dont have any pictures yet but it looks exactly like the picture but the build date is 1928 Thanks ill try to get pictures up when i get the chance

Foremost Ordnance Factory (of the) USSR at Tula 1923-1928
    (this mark is sometimes found on 1929 dated barrels)

(picute is from 7.62x54r.net heres the like)Russian/Soviet Dragoon and Cossack

dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    this could be one of the transition rifles. When the communists took over, it took them a bit to get all the factorys to change over to the new roll marks. So its possibly a 91/30 with Tsarist marking

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    From what ive read it should be a updated Dragoon since the 91/30s werent introduced untill 1930 it has to be. I was excited with the find and were i got it has another which looks to be a 1927 Izzy so now im in a delima not sure what to do.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Most dragoons you will find (unless Finn'd) were updated to 91/30 specs at some point in their life (hence the "ex-dragoon").

Congrats on the find! Sometimes when you scour through all the hex receiver Mosins on a store rack, you'll get lucky and find one.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I was wanting one for my collection and the gun shop had two and from what i understand the ex dragoons make up only 1% of 91/30s impoted into the uUS. Now do i go back and get the other. I know its a matter of do you need it or do you want it.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I was wanting one for my collection and the gun shop had two and from what i understand the ex dragoons make up only 1% of 91/30s impoted into the uUS. Now do i go back and get the other. I know its a matter of do you need it or do you want it.

I don't know about the 1% part (I would think that sounds low), but around here Ex-Dragoons aren't rare, now Dragoons, well thats a different story, took me 2 years to get one, but with the economy in the dumpers I have seen about 8-10 of them go on GB in the last 6 months.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Yeah i read 1% but that may be a website trying to boost sales but i will definatly keep my eyes open for them in the coming months mines got some pitting on the bottom of the reciever id love to find a nicer one but I wanna thank everyone for all of the insight.

Top Bottom