• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Yeah i posted about a month ago about my house being broken into. Well i figured out who it is because his brother contacted me and said he had found my safe and 2 of my rifles. What are the steps i need to take in order to put this person behind bars. I have the property in my possesion. Who do i call do i go striaght to 911 or who do i call in this situation.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I would call the detective listed on your initial police report..

Lacking that, just call your local PD non-Emergency number and tell them your story.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Yeah i posted about a month ago about my house being broken into. Well i figured out who it is because his brother contacted me and said he had found my safe and 2 of my rifles. What are the steps i need to take in order to put this person behind bars. I have the property in my possesion. Who do i call do i go striaght to 911 or who do i call in this situation.

Call the Police dept. that took the report when the burglary happened.
    You did call and report the burglary happened didn't you?

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I would call the detective listed on your initial police report..

Lacking that, just call your local PD non-Emergency number and tell them your story.

Ya, that. And i would do that immmediatly. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to bust this person.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    wait, so you already got the safe and 2 rifles back????? I would think the PD would want to catch the thieves with the property in their possession. 9/10th of the law remember?

juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    well what had happened is the person who stole the stuff "WAS" a good friend who had the stuff at his dads house hidden who is a felon so his brother got my stuff out of the house and gave it to me so his dad wouldnt go to jail.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    Call the detective immediately!

I do not mean to preach to you, but I would not associate with anyone from that family again!

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I would still call the cops on your (hopefully previous) good friend. Surely one of the Nice cops that puruse this site will have some good info also.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    i had some guns stole one time.you got to call them and at least let them you know who did it and you got your stuff back,that way they dont think you just filed a report it stolen to get some insurance money..iwent through it what a mess

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Why wouldn't the guy still be in trouble just because the property was recovered?

Possession is 9/10 goes for finding someone with stolen goods- it means there's a 90% chance they are likely the ones who stole it. It doesn't mean you only have a 10% chance of busting a guy who you KNOW (and have witnesses to back you up) stole the property...

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I think i would wait and catch this guy and and break his legs ,,

problem solved , he will tell his thief buddies not to mess with ya .

lol:D:D:laugh::rockwoot:

All joking aside call the detective or other officer that took the report and let him know what is going on ..as long as you are still willing to prosacute they will be able to do something about it im sure ..

Good luck

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Are there other guns missing? If so, I would think the police would definitely go after this dirt bag, especially if he is a felon. I hate a thief, but someone who would steal from a friend is lower than whale s***. Call the detective, but it would be hard not to kick his ass?

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    not a very good friend ever would do such a thing, thats a turd of a friend if ive ever heard of one.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Why wouldn't the guy still be in trouble just because the property was recovered?
    Possession is 9/10 goes for finding someone with stolen goods- it means there's a 90% chance they are likely the ones who stole it. It doesn't mean you only have a 10% chance of busting a guy who you KNOW (and have witnesses to back you up) stole the property...

1. The first problem is that the witness is the guy’s brother. So let’s say he is willing to testify against his brother. Now all the thief has to do is say "it was him, not me. I didn't even know that stuff was at Dad's". At that point it is person #1's word against person #2.

2. Second problem is the stuff was recovered without the police being involved. So no ET, no photos, no prints, no interviews, no chain of custody for the recovered evidence......no tangible evidence for the police to even testify the stuff ever was in the house to begin with, let alone who put it there and who took it from the original house.

3. Third problem is you have touched all the guns and maybe even cleaned them, so probably no more good prints. If you have not done this, if your "friend" has ever touched your guns with permission before he will claim they are old prints and they were applied with permission.

I am not saying it 100% can't be done; I am saying the case is severely lacking the required evidence for prosecution at this point and these are things you should be thinking about.

All street cops think about is what they can give the detectives, all detectives think about is what they can give the prosecutors office (and where we are eating lunch), all prosecutors think about is what they can give the judge/jury.

If that chain of communication is poor, no conviction.

Last edited:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    well what had happened is the person who stole the stuff "WAS" a good friend who had the stuff at his dads house hidden who is a felon so his brother got my stuff out of the house and gave it to me so his dad wouldnt go to jail.

I don't know your whole story but from what I've read here, I would call the police and hang every body's ass that is involved. It sounds to me like there were at least three people.

As I said in a recenct thread, a thief is on my top five list as a worthless POS.
    Accomplices included! Call the police and let them figure it out and find some new friends.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom