• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Does this practice of selling for a friend seem odd to anyone else ? I have a hard time buying from someone who is not the owner, am I wrong? just wondering.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Sometimes the "selling for a friend" means that they are simply listing it or making it known that their friend has something for sale. I certainly wouldn't buy a firearm from a person who told me that they don't own it; but having a third party make the introduction isn't anything i have a problem with generally. I don't especially care for people on INGO listing a firearm in the classifieds "for a friend", but I consider that my own personal bias as there is nothing in the INGO rules prohibiting it at the moment.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    It usually seems like a tactic used to sell a gun at a higher price
    or to sell a gun that has some sort of flaw or issue.
    Most of the time I don't even believe that it's the truth.
    Why in the world would it be necessary to put in your ad "selling for a friend"?
    who cares? if it were true, it's pointless and meaningless IMHO.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Slightly adjacent to the topic...

I have sold guns in the classifieds here for my grandpa who is not on INGO and lives in a different city than me. I post the description and pics he provides me and make it clear I am selling for him. I say where I am located and where the gun is located. If the buyer is closer to him I'll set up the introduction, if the buyer is closer to me, my grandpa and I see each other all the time so he'll give me the gun for me to make the sale.

If the 'friend' is a buddy from work or next door or something, the only reason I could see to post that you are selling for a friend would be if the friend was not on INGO and didn't have the means to sell it on their own. It just shows you are being honest about the actual ownership of the gun. :twocents:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Slightly adjacent to the topic...

I have sold guns in the classifieds here for my grandpa who is not on INGO and lives in a different city than me. I post the description and pics he provides me and make it clear I am selling for him. I say where I am located and where the gun is located. If the buyer is closer to him I'll set up the introduction, if the buyer is closer to me, my grandpa and I see each other all the time so he'll give me the gun for me to make the sale.

If the 'friend' is a buddy from work or next door or something, the only reason I could see to post that you are selling for a friend would be if the friend was not on INGO and didn't have the means to sell it on their own. It just shows you are being honest about the actual ownership of the gun. :twocents:
    :+1:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    No big deal to me. I sold a rifle for my cousin here. He doesn't play on the interwebs. He knows I have a big audience and it avoids him having to a gun show answer a million questions for a bunch of idiots and looky loos

Top Bottom