• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    You must have a very uncommon name. I just did the same exercise and went 5 pages deep and still didn't find any reference to me and I've run for public office... twice. Granted, I live in Indianapolis. I suppose if your name is Pharneas Bryce Farquhar and you live in Podunk, Indiana, population 35, then yes, I can see how that might happen.

And your bolded statement above is why I don't sweat the idea of selling a gun with my name and city on it. There are myriad of other ways potential thieves can track you down and target you. So, I don't get why you are getting so paranoid about a fairly remote possibility.

yea, size of town matters a lot.
    and someone following my home from my normal range would be pretty obvious... that would be one fast horse/buggy. :)

everyone has a different risk tolerance level. I and many others won't sign bill of sale on private sales for same reason, don't want to give someone an address where there are likely cool toys to steal. I was just throwing out something for the OP to consider.

-rvb

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Is there any ruling about this "once a rifle always a rifle" claim? I've always known it as "originally built as a rifle always a rifle" but a pistol could go back to being a pistol. Look at the Thompson Center ruling along with the carbine kits sold for glocks and 1911's. They are intended to be converted back and forth.

Top Bottom