• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    So I purchased my first can, an AAC 7.62 SD-n6. Sending off paperwork tomorrow. When I picked up my paperwork I figured I'd just go ahead and buy a can for the pistols too so I could get them back at the same time as the current wait on paper for individual is 8 months. Only thing they had in stock that covered 45 and 9mm was the new Sig SRD45. I was more interested in the AAC ti rant 45 for less money but they had to order it. So I said ok, I'll pay for it and you go ahead and order it. They said 8 weeks to get it in. So I asked if they could call and get the serial number so we could get the paperwork done and sent off while waiting for the class 3 dealer to receive it. They said they couldn't do that. I've read several places where folks have done that. Not sure why they wouldn't do that for me. I went ahead and paid and ordered it but have any of you all got a serial for an "on order" suppressor to shorten the wait time?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've seen this happen many times. I think it depends on the LGS as to whether they want to make the call and place the order. A lot of times the guys/gal behind the counter doesn't have anything to do with ordering. It's the manager type person who does. I suggest going back and speaking with the manager and seeing if they can expedite the order and get the serial number.
    Dan

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I may call back and ask to talk to the owner of the shop. They've been in business for 32yrs and it may just be a shop policy. I would like to think I may be able to get the can this year and before winter rolls around again. I'm not too keen on shooting in cold weather. Could've just bought the Sig but I don't think the sig at $140 more can do anything better than the AAC

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    I'm sure they are a great shop but their times seem excessive. 8 weeks to get it in? I'm averaging 4 from my suppliers and that is for both suppressors and SBRs. I guess it could be 8 if the place they order from doesn't have one then they would have to wait and he has to wait if you follow me. Also there is no reason you could not get the serial numbers and race track the paperwork, in other words have it follow behind the form 3. Unless you are locked into that particular shop I would recommend going to Silencer Shop or similar, if they have it in stock you can select the dealer you want to use and they do all the paperwork. I've had good success with them, they stopped carrying SilencerCo products but I get those from someplace else anyway.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    im no expert, but if it were me, I'd wait the 8 weeks, just to make sure they send the right numbered can, I read on here about a fiasco that happened where a manufacturer did that, and ended up shipping the wrong cans to the wrong people the numbers didn't match the atf paperwork (I think it was huntertown)

just my opinion

Albertson's

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Warsaw
    I have always thought that the item should physically be in our possession before we sent in the form 4. Not saying we couldn't fill out all of the paperwork, and hold it until the item gets here, verify serial #'s etc, and send it on in. So, I called one of our ATF agents in South Bend. Said it is not a good idea to submit Form 4 paperwork without physically having the item in your possession. Also said he did not know of any rule that states you are not allowed to do so.

Said the problem is, and he has seen it happen, form 4 comes back before the item makes it to the dealer. Then you have something listed as in your possession, which is not. I know as an ffl holder and Class 3 dealer, that would put us win quite a predicament if we had a visit by the ATF for an inspection.

I guess it is ultimately up the the individual dealer...

Hope this helps.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I am in the process of purchasing a Rugged Suppressors Obsidian 45 now from a LGS and had to wait for the can to come in before sending off my paperwork. The can was ordered in late August and just showed up a week ago thanks to the supplier "misplacing it" - needless to say I am tired of waiting. Good luck to you and yours.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have always thought that the item should physically be in our possession before we sent in the form 4. Not saying we couldn't fill out all of the paperwork, and hold it until the item gets here, verify serial #'s etc, and send it on in. So, I called one of our ATF agents in South Bend. Said it is not a good idea to submit Form 4 paperwork without physically having the item in your possession. Also said he did not know of any rule that states you are not allowed to do so.

Said the problem is, and he has seen it happen, form 4 comes back before the item makes it to the dealer. Then you have something listed as in your possession, which is not. I know as an ffl holder and Class 3 dealer, that would put us win quite a predicament if we had a visit by the ATF for an inspection.

I guess it is ultimately up the the individual dealer...

Hope this helps.

I definitely see the point you're making. But I seriously doubt my form 4 would be approved before the can made it to the class 3 dealer when the current wait time is 8 1/2 months.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    2 of my cans ordered from Silencershop pre-41F:

Form 3 Status: Disposed 7/29/2016
    Form 4 Status: Submitted 6/7/2016

Form 3 Status: Disposed 8/10/2016
    Form 4 Status: Submitted 5/19/2016

Disposed means SS received the Form 3 approval and shipped the can to my SOT in Indiana.

Top Bottom