• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    This is third hand information soooo....
    This took place in St. Joe or Elkart county. They did the online app. it sent them to a Kinkos to do the electronic finger printing and they had the LTCH back in a week.
    What Im trying to find online and cant seem to is-
    Where in St joe county it sends you to?
    Can you pay there or do you have to pay online?
    Has anyone up north been sent to someplace to do the fingerprinting like this?
    Also they said they did not have to pay the local law enforcement agency their fee
    Kenny

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Feel free to PM me as well, but I should cover it all in this post. Also see the Carry sub-forum for more info.

You do your app online. This is your basic information, etc. You then can opt to do the electronic prints, or the ink prints. If you do electronic, you can schedule an appointment with any L1 center. They have them everywhere, hotels, Kinkos, doctors offices, etc. I did mine in a little shop near where Circuit City used to be in Mishawaka. I cant recall the name, but it was right off of Grape Road. You pay the state fees there, and the $10.95 for the fingerprinting.

You still have to go to your local LEO office and pay your local fees, and sign some more papers, then you send it off. The second they receive your packet from the local, they can begin approving you, since your background check was started when you did the L1. They also already have your prints in the system, so there is another step gone.

Doing it the electronic way, you get your license back in two weeks or less. Mine took 12 days once I refiled with L1. It took them 14 weeks to mail back my original app. There is a huge benefit to pay the extra $11 and do it that way.

And to make sure your question was answered, St Joe wont send you anywhere. When you get on L1s site after selecting that option, they will let you schedule with ANY L1 center, so you could go to the place I went to, to Kinkos, even Basher has the L1 equipment. You just schedule an appointment, and there you have it!

Top Bottom