• mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    "ordered 10 Tokarevs, as an investment"

^^^Should have been a clue into this guy's character.;)

Ten? OK?

My LGS charges $20, cuts a break or combines on multiples. Often when I have a transfer, I'll buy or order a case of ammo and he will waive the fee. Seems like it takes about $200 in store sales to get the fee waived? LOL! I don't ask, he just says he waived it.

Might pay a couple more dollars for the ammo; but he makes a couple pennies on the ammo and saves me a couple dollars on the transfer(s). Seems fair enough to me. Plus, keeps guys like me walking into his store and buying his inventory.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    It varies from dealer to dealer. One of the reasons to shop around for a good FFL and maintain a good relation with them. Don't just use them to take delivery from online purchases. If they have something on the shelf you are after then pick it up even if it does come out to a few bucks more than online. I have a good relation with my local dealer, it was developed this way. On the rare occasion I order multiple somethings online I only get charged for one item, this is not the policy for normal walk-in customers. I usually stop in and tell them I'm planning on ordering something online and give them a chance to price match. If not then they have a heads up that the item will be showing up soon. I've gotten phone calls when someone traded something I have asked about in the past, just to see if I was interested in it before it went to the shelf.

You will save money in the long run by having this type of relationship with your dealer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have the same relationship with my FFL as you describe above. They only charge me one time no matter how many items come in. In turn I throw as much of my business there way as I can.No...they do not ask me to buy things from them. It is just the right thing to do. Sometimes it is a few $$ more than I would pay elsewhere, but they are a small family owned business and if you ignore them...they will go away and that is good for no one. ;)

Top Bottom