• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Critical_Will

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    NWI
    I recently purchased one, and I am very pleased with it. So now I want to start to get some goodies for it like extra mags, night sights etc... However, one thing i've had my eye on is an olive drab frame for it. I just want the frame by itself, does anybody know where to find them? I've searched numerous online classifieds and websites with no luck.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd check out Nash gunwerx, he is local and could get you what you want, I'd personally not buy another frame due to the fact the #'s wouldn't match.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    A common question on the XD Forums: Short answer: Springfield WILL NOT release things like Slides and Frames for general consumption, so you will not find one arbitrarily.

You may be better off either trading in your current gun for an OD one or get ye old Krylon Fusion out in OD and carefully spray the frame. It will "bond" to the frame, but its not a super durable, long lasting finish.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    thanks for the good advice, ill shop around for a bit longer and then consider painting mine.

Your best bet would be to have it professionally done. Also the plus to that is you can do OD green with any type of print/design you would like and it would be worth the little extra cash due to it would be different and you would have your own customization to your firearm. Just my :twocents:

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    It won't matter if the serial numbers don't match, the one on the receiver is the only one that matters. But, Disposable Heart is right -- they don't release just the frames. I have a Beretta 92 top slide and was searching for a receiver to match.

I concur that painting will be your best bet or trading it in. Let us know what you find, man!

Top Bottom