• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Hey everyone, my daughter was just born Oct 31st 2012. I have some concerns over her first round of vaccinations.

I've been reading up and I'm at a cross road and leaning towards not allowing my child to receive any vaccinations whatsoever.

Mainly because of the ingredients, Thimerosal for one which is Mercury. Formaldehyde is in nearly all vaccines and once it is in your body it does not come out. There are several forms of Aluminum as well.

So the question is are there any other parents who have had this conundrum?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    We had a lot of discussion with our doctor with our daughter, and now our son. He gave us a list of everything med wise, and we looked into them... And went ahead and did them. My doctor also has four kids that are younger. After much talk with him as well, we went ahead and got her the vaccinations. At my son's next appointment I am also going to ask about Smallpox... Seems like I have heard a little too much about it lately, and I might looing into getting that for my family.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    I have 5 children who have or are getting them. Never had any issues. The only issue you will run into is later on with the schools if you don't get them done. Maybe you plan on Home schooling?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, first of all...congratulations on the new child. Best of luck to you!

As for vaccinations, I see no issues with vaccinations. Virtually no modern children's vaccines have thimerosal in them. So, you can remove that from your worry list. The only issue I have with children's vaccinations is that too many doctors like to give too many at one time. We made a point of spreading our kids vaccinations out over a longer period of time, to avoid any potential reactions. Worked out fine and I have two healthy as horses kids. Like with any medicine there is a very small chance of an adverse reaction. They are not common. I'd rather run that minuscule risk than have a kid contract an unnecessary disease, that could cause permanent harm. We skip flu vaccines (some of which DO contain thimerosal), but that's just me. The childhood vaccinations are ones we've always gotten. No sense in risking a disease like polio or mumps which can do permanent damage. I'd suggest just spreading the vaccinations out over a longer period. Get maybe two at a time. No more. It was worth it to me for the peace of mind.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We had a lot of discussion with our doctor with our daughter, and now our son. He gave us a list of everything med wise, and we looked into them... And went ahead and did them. My doctor also has four kids that are younger. After much talk with him as well, we went ahead and got her the vaccinations. At my son's next appointment I am also going to ask about Smallpox... Seems like I have heard a little too much about it lately, and I might looing into getting that for my family.
    If you want a smallpox vaccination you're gonna have to take your kids to Europe to get it. I don't know any US health provider that provides them to kids. First responders and some military can get them, but I've not heard of a kid getting one since I was a kid.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Thanks for the responses, althought I didn't like our pediatrician's tone when I asked her for a full list of the vaccines. She kind of talked down to me that I should do my "research" and etc etc... Once I make my mind up if she's going to give me more problems I'll take my business and money elsewhere.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Most vaccines are very very very low risk. But I completely understand your being concerned. I was there 4 years ago, and getting ready to go through it again when my son starts getting shots.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Which is funny, what risk does a "non vaccinated" kid pose when everyone else DOES have them? Pretty ironic to me.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Really? Last I looked it is right in the IC, granted it has been a couple years.

All I know, a couple years ago, we got a letter stating my child had to have vaccinations to attend school. I asked the super if we could refuse and state religious reasons. He said, sure you can, but you will have to enroll your child somewhere else. I didn't fight it.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Which is funny, what risk does a "non vaccinated" kid pose when everyone else DOES have them? Pretty ironic to me.

Because they have a higher risk on contracting the disease and bringing it into contact with other kids, whom have been vaccinated, but said vaccine is only 98.5-99% effective?

Vaccinate your kids. It's stupid not to. Do you want your kid to get measles? Hep b?

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    ^^^ And pump my daughter with in example the DTAP vaccine, here's the list of chemicals:
    Aluminum phosphate, ammonium sulfate, casamino acids, dimethyl-betacyclodextrin,
    formaldehyde or formalin, glutaraldehyde, 2-phenoxyethanol

Look those up on a MSDS sheet and let me know the toxicities of those chemicals.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ^^^ And pump my daughter with in example the DTAP vaccine, here's the list of chemicals:
    Aluminum phosphate, ammonium sulfate, casamino acids, dimethyl-betacyclodextrin,
    formaldehyde or formalin, glutaraldehyde, 2-phenoxyethanol

Look those up on a MSDS sheet and let me know the toxicities of those chemicals.

Where do you buy your food? Because unless you grow your own with "safe" fertilizer, and raise your own with your own "safe" water and "safe" feed, the chemicals therein are more abundant than the chemicals in the vaccines.

Which is worse: Methylethelbadstuff in a minute quanity, or Polio? Seems to me that disease can do a lot more, to a lot more people, than the small amount in a vaccine.

cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    i far as i know kids have to have vaccines to enter public school. also I had them as a child and never had any ill effects from them as did the rest of my family. Congrats on the new baby!! No one can fault you for being protective of your child. I think it would be unnatural if you weren't. In closing I wish you and your new family well!

Top Bottom