• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    Sweet!!! That gives me a reason to buy a AR15. Other than it looks cool.

I have been asking people at work also and I will ask around church this weekend. I have to know some one that hunts or would be willing to let me hunt.

Gonna warn you about that. I thought the same thing 'should be a piece of cake to find some land to hunt coyotes on'. It's been amazingly frustrating trying to find a consistent piece of land to hunt. Called/contacted almost everyone I know at church, friends, friends of friends, etc. Things have changed from days of driving by farms and walking up and asking them to hunt...

Some things I'm trying this year, maybe they'll help finding land to hunt on:
    -Printing up some 'business cards' to leave with them with your information
    -Have landowner release forms (http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-Private_Land_Permission_Form.pdf) and tell them you're willing to sign them
    -Offer to help cut wood, etc.

Hope that helps.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I've killed quite a few with a 17hmr, I use that or my 308. The 17 is my favorite to use, Its so accurate and I've killed them out to 150 yards with it.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I found a guy at work that is wanting to start hunting also and he has access to some land. So I got lucky on that part.

Thanks for the link in the release form I am going to start trying to find some more places and that will help.

birdslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Walkerton
    You'll be supprised what a door knock will get you.. Offer to help with the coyotes, and get a good rep and it opens the door for other hunting,..Ground Hogs, Goose, etc.

Ive landed quite a few depravation hunts over the years from door knocks.

be up front and honest. if you get turned down. thank em. Farmers are big word of mouth folks.. do good by one and most likely you be good to go for the next. Dont forget the Hunters helping farmers program from the DNR.

Top Bottom