• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Those signs are pretty easy to hack, including the Amber Alert signs. This could lead to bad things happening.

INDOT and .gov need to encrypt those so not just any two-bit hacker can access them. JMO.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Where could he possibly get that impression?
    I never said the thought didn't cross my mind. It obviously did if I posted this thread.

I asked a simple question to see if LEO's even could change them without hacking it. I was accused of saying "a cop probably did it" and I never said that. I asked if it was possible that a cop did it.

I couldn't tell you how to change the message on a sign board. And I'm curious as to why your first thought was a cop did it.
    Like I said upthread, 2 cops working in a single 1 mile stretch of roadway that directly preceded the sign; until this morning I haven't seen a cop work that stretch of road in at least a month... I just found it intriguing that the first time I've seen an officer on that stretch in a couple months was the exact same day these signs had a message that told people they needed to slow down. And as said above, after learning that the sign I saw wasn't the only sign, I admitted it was likely just coincidental and the LEO's probably had not done so.

FWIW, I have a few friends that are officers that I could see doing this given the chance... just to be funny...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I never said the thought didn't cross my mind. It obviously did if I posted this thread.
    ....I was accused of saying "a cop probably did it" and I never said that. I asked if it was possible that a cop did it..............

See below.....

So you are saying the police probably did it?

I asked if you were saying a cop did it..... A question is not an accusation.......... is it?

If it is......... is your question not an accusation?

:popcorn:

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    It's not really hacking. Most of the time people can walk up to them open the door that never seems to get locked and enter a message. From what I've heard even if it asks for a password there usually isn't one

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Slow the f*** down, in construction zones, where people working in or on the side of the road.

These workers are not there to mess up your commute, they are working to make it better. It is very hard not to take it personal when people drive like idiots and put your life endanger.

Maybe even move over a lane if someone is on the side of the road.

Pretty sure the transportable signs are programmed at the sign. I can check.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're password protected. Literally. The password is "password". No, I'm not kidding. If you find one whose password is not "password", it's because it's operated by a department that gives at least half a :poop: about security and actually set their own password.

Top Bottom