Mark

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    of course she can. She can shoot all day long with you, she just can't carry it around on her person.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    of course she can. She can shoot all day long with you, she just can't carry it around on her person.

Actually, up until July 2011, you couldn't shoot at a public range without a license, due to a vaguery in the wording of the law. There were many anecdotal accounts of police trolling ranges for licenses, and even DNR officers ejecting people who didn't have a license. As of July, though, the law regarding transport was overhauled and clarified to remove the question.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Actually, up until July 2011, you couldn't shoot at a public range without a license, due to a vaguery in the wording of the law. There were many anecdotal accounts of police trolling ranges for licenses, and even DNR officers ejecting people who didn't have a license. As of July, though, the law regarding transport was overhauled and clarified to remove the question.

Wow...then I was breaking the law...because I was shooting it AB since about March of last year.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    At Applied Ballistics, they require an adult with kids. But they are welcome to shoot.

Yes of course I meant kids with an adult but im wondering if they have an age limit anyway or if you can bring your two years old to shoot.
    I have seen ranges where kids had to be 9 or older.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Im guessing the licence was needed for handguns only, not long guns.
    Or did you need a LTCH also to shoot long guns at the range?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow...then I was breaking the law...because I was shooting it AB since about March of last year.

The complaint that it was impossible to legally transport a handgun to a range for practice (without a license) was a big reason for the push. If you search the INGO archives, you'll find a bunch of threads about unlicensed people getting dinged. Ironically, underage shooters had more rights than adult shooters.

Im guessing the licence was needed for handguns only, not long guns.
    Or did you need a LTCH also to shoot long guns at the range?

Handguns, of course. The LTCH has nothing to do with long guns.

Top Bottom