• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I about ready to renew my drivers license since I will be turning 21 and my current license will expire. I am currently going to school in Indy so I have a place up here, but I consider my permanent address still in Terre Haute which is currently on my license. On my new license do I need to move it to my address in Indianapolis, or can I keep as my one in Terre Haute? Will the decision have any effect on when i go to buy/transfer a firearm?

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im not a FFL but I think that as long as you are a resident of Indiana it doesn't matter in which city you live.
    You should be able to buy a handgun at any FFL in the state with your new driver's licence.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I would think as long as you put the same address on the paperwork that is on your license you will be fine.

If your place in Indianapolis is only temporary and your permanent address is your house in Terre Haute then keep your Terre Haute address on your license and just use that address.

I don't have an FFL dealer so I may be wrong but I don't see a problem unless you write down your Indy address on the paperwork and your Terre Haute address is on your license.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't see a problem unless you write down your Indy address on the paperwork and your Terre Haute address is on your license.

This.

Whenever I conduct a sale at the shop, I always ask my customer "is everything (meaning name and address) on your license correct?" If they answer "yes" and the information on the 4473 matches, how would I know otherwise?

The fun begins when they say "no, I just moved" or whatever, then get all pissed at ME because I have to then act on the information that THEY just provided of their own free will. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom