• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Seems like there has been more air traffic and different aircraft lately. I have seen one one Blackhawk several times last few weeks and a day or two before the grand jury decision in Louisville saw four little birds coming out of Sellersburg area and crossed into Kentucky looked like on the far west side. Anybody else see those ?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Seems like there has been more air traffic and different aircraft lately. I have seen one one Blackhawk several times last few weeks and a day or two before the grand jury decision in Louisville saw four little birds coming out of Sellersburg area and crossed into Kentucky looked like on the far west side. Anybody else see those ?

LMPD’s Air21 is a Hughes/MD 500 series.

ISP has a Bell 407 I think, KSP had a Kiowa up (I think), DHS brought an AStar out of Atlanta, and there were federal and state fixed wing assets brought into the SDF area as well for all that.

Blackhawks frequently stop at Clark Co Airport for fuel, Apaches occasionally as well. Saw two Blackhawks a couple weeks ago with refueling probes, possibly out of Campbell? Not sure if Knox has any of those.

As to that Saturday...no 747s arrived at SDF that morning.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana

ISP has a Bell 407 I think, KSP had a Kiowa up (I think), DHS brought an AStar out of Atlanta, and there were federal and state fixed wing assets brought into the SDF area as well for all that.

Blackhawks frequently stop at Clark Co Airport for fuel, Apaches occasionally as well. Saw two Blackhawks a couple weeks ago with refueling probes, possibly out of Campbell? Not sure if Knox has any of those.

Thanks for the info. Figured it was related to the mess over there. Been close to ISP and Metro birds many times, knew they weren't those.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

hmmmmmmm interdasting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    This morning I was heading towards Louisville and at about 9:30 or so I was nearing the Georgetown exit on I-64. I saw a very large aircraft flying at a very low altitude heading south, then gained a little altitude and flew more towards Louisville. I was only able to get a couple of quick glimpses of it before the trees blocked my view and with the glare from the sun all I could see was a silhouette. Did anybody else see it and if so, were you able to get a positive ID on type. From what little I saw, I'd almost swear it was a B-52. Or has my cheese slid off the cracker?

Every once in a while the military flies a cargo plane down the wabash / ohio rivers doing nap of the earth flight.. I got surprised when it hopped the bridge I was driving on once...

Top Bottom