• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Okay all. Early in the year I was unemployeed for a while after working for the same company as their operations manager for 10+ years. While out of work I tried to do misc odd things to help put food on the table. I built some gun racks for people, did snow removal, lawn mowing etc. Anyways. I picked up a retail job early summer but the pay is not so grand. I was approached by a local property management (lawn, landscape, snow removal etc) company a couple weeks back looking for someone to help grow there business. I am negotiating with them currently as to what I get from them what they get from me. They need help from a business / Marketing standpoint and I could use a better income. So to my questions. I am in the Fort Wayne area and this company services Fort Wayne / NE Indiana. I wondered A. if anyone used a service for either there home or Commercially. B. How did you find them or did they find you. C. Are you happy with them (Quality, Price) D. Are you looking for someone different? I am looking for thoughts that anyone with expereince might have. My goal is to bid and hopefully get as many new accounts (Big and Small) as I can by spring. That can help this company grow and be profitable.
    Sorry so long winded.
    Let me know your thoughts or feel free to PM with thoughts or if you have a service need that I may be able to help with.
    Thanks for reading.
    Matt

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a similar business and will try to give you some options.

I use IBJ's book of lists to contact by mail and sometimes cold call all corporate land management companies, as well as office park developers and managers.

I get residential lists from some of my customers. If It's a home in a neighborhood that I have not been in before, I'll work out a deal with the customer to give him a discount if I can copy his neighborhood directory. Most HOA's update these every year or so.
    I've built quite a big list over the past couple of years. Many business would love to have it. But it will only get sold with the company if I ever choose to do so.

These are only two options you should look at. It's a lot of work and very few bights right off the bat. You need to know that once you get the companies name known in a certain area, you will find that momentum will drive your telephone to ring more. It's not like I've sent out a mass mailing and have been overwhelmed with responses. Its a slow progression. I'm going into my third year, so I have a lot to learn myself.

Good luck, and don't give up.

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have a similar business and will try to give you some options.

I use IBJ's book of lists to contact by mail and sometimes cold call all corporate land management companies, as well as office park developers and managers.

I get residential lists from some of my customers. If It's a home in a neighborhood that I have not been in before, I'll work out a deal with the customer to give him a discount if I can copy his neighborhood directory. Most HOA's update these every year or so.
    I've built quite a big list over the past couple of years. Many business would love to have it. But it will only get sold with the company if I ever choose to do so.

These are only two options you should look at. It's a lot of work and very few bights right off the bat. You need to know that once you get the companies name known in a certain area, you will find that momentum will drive your telephone to ring more. It's not like I've sent out a mass mailing and have been overwhelmed with responses. Its a slow progression. I'm going into my third year, so I have a lot to learn myself.

Good luck, and don't give up.

Thanks alot for taking the time to give your thoughts. Some good ideas for sure. The company that I am working with has been in business for 7 years but is a little inept on the Marketing/sales side of things.
    Thanks again,
    Matt

Top Bottom