• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So now I am curious went to make a purchase yesterday, no instant approval. I mean like 6 hours nothing. Historically 5 minutes has been a long time for it to come back. Usually with in 2 minutes. So I check back today Ah there is nothing pending on our end let me look one other place no nothing.

So I rearrange my day a bit to stop in there, Have to fill out the 4473 on their iPad again, complete my end two minutes later it comes back with out any delay. So my question is what does it look like on the store side? Do they clear out if not completed on the store end promptly or was it some other operator error on their part? It was no big deal to stop back in I was just curious.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Rural king?
    No really nice family owned local gun store. I think and I am not being derogatory here, I think one of the staff is on the autism scale, that is why I think he may have been side tracked and perhaps forgot about it? Not sure if that would be possible?

best way to describe him would be for lack of a better word a savant. Off the charts knowledgeable in handguns, ballistics, firearms history etc , but in other areas not so much.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I suppose there could’ve been a mistake made. Don’t think there’s anyone that’s worked at a job and not made one. I think sometimes a lot of us gun enthusiasts nowadays jump right to government interference but just could be an honest mistake.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I suppose there could’ve been a mistake made. Don’t think there’s anyone that’s worked at a job and not made one. I think sometimes a lot of us gun enthusiasts nowadays jump right to government interference but just could be an honest mistake.
    Oh no I am thinking it was a simple mistake. This guy was scary knowledgeable. I kind of think it was a simple mistake , I just have no idea how the forms are processed on the stores end. It was more of a curiosity versus a complaint.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I think the store examines the form to see if it's complete, then calls in your basic info ie name and address and then gets a proceed or not. They don't give all the info on the form 4473. That info stays at the gun shop. That's if you fill out the paper form. Not sure what happens if you fill out the form electronically.

Top Bottom