Question for the litigators amongst the INGO crowd, and those that profess to be

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm more offended that the state sees it necessary to waste that much of our tax dollars on a vehicle that is overly built/equipped for the task assigned.
    This kind of government waste is just one more reason we can't have nice things, like roads...

to that end: why is there often THREE trailing giant trucks behind a single person doing minor road repairs? I see it so often it seems like it's a protocol. Is a smaller vehicle not capable of displaying a large orange arrow? The other trucks never seem to be doing anything other than slow rolling and keeping up, besides displaying a sign I guess.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    to that end: why is there often THREE trailing giant trucks behind a single person doing minor road repairs? I see it so often it seems like it's a protocol. Is a smaller vehicle not capable of displaying a large orange arrow? The other trucks never seem to be doing anything other than slow rolling and keeping up, besides displaying a sign I guess.
    Dude, those billions of dollars of highway allocated tax money don't just spend themselves!

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    307SD,How do you define "live and let live"?....And would that be "his space",or yours?.......And Doc,the truck thing is to protect the worker when 7 cars and a semi speeding,multitasking,donut,coffee,radio,cell phone.....Don't see the first sign truck back 3 miles,and brake hard,impacting the large trucks, (the State uses that cushion thing)..Because after a lawsuit,State vehicles can no longer backup to roll a repair,so the two or three protect and roll the repair..........In other words,people drive like azzholes.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Do you ever Take a long glance, short glance, check rear view, side view mirrors and blind spots or do you just inspect other vehicles as you drive?

I don't see what the problem would be if we were just live and let live types.

Last edited:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    307SD,How do you define "live and let live"?....And would that be "his space",or yours?.......And Doc,the truck thing is to protect the worker when 7 cars and a semi speeding,multitasking,donut,coffee,radio,cell phone.....Don't see the first sign truck back 3 miles,and brake hard,impacting the large trucks, (the State uses that cushion thing)..Because after a lawsuit,State vehicles can no longer backup to roll a repair,so the two or three protect and roll the repair..........In other words,people drive like azzholes.
    Good explanation, apparently some folks have never had to work on the side of the highway-more protection the better.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Man, don't ya know those big trucks are the designated target.;)

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I wish I could express my true feelings here without being banned, but alas forum rules and all that. Seriously though, why don't you mind your own ****ing business and stick to eating your cinnamon roll.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Not at all. I just don't see why he drones on about what a great person he is and he always minds his own business, but in the same breath wants to make life difficult for someone else who is displaying something he doesn't agree with. So in reality, he is not a great person or someone who minds his own business. If he had been honest and call did himself a troll, I'd have felt no need to post.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis

When I lived in Maine, I attended a safety conference; Maine DOT was presenting on their new safety procedures, which were put in place after they had laughed at a contractor that did just that, wasting all those resources, and then one of their guys got hit (killed?) by a wayward vehicle. POOF! Suddenly, it was a great idea.

MUTCD--Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wondered if that was what it's for. Usually the trucks have some big thing hanging off the back, almost like a shock absorber and then the sign is on it. I can't imagine needing more than one though

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No but it was after lunch they could have had a steak in their stomach.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I wondered if that was what it's for. Usually the trucks have some big thing hanging off the back, almost like a shock absorber and then the sign is on it. I can't imagine needing more than one though

Those things hanging off the back are "crash attenuators".

Signed,

Former INDOT employee.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Those things hanging off the back are "crash attenuators".

Signed,

Former INDOT employee.

THIS.

If people actually took driving seriously, then it wouldn't be required, but since people treat cars like moving couches...

Today I watched a pickup truck driver swerve back into the lane to avoid a road work sign on the side of the road. :xmad:

Please, try and stay between the lines on on/off ramps; it's not a Formula 1 course.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Driving down the road my wife pointed to a van that had about 3 lbs in the Drivers side front tire, so I pulled up beside it and tried to get their attention. We want over a block beeping the horn and my wife waving frantically at the woman with her face looking straight down at her phone oblivious to the fact that she was actually driving a vehicle at about 35 mph.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Last month in Louisville on 65,a work truck was dropping tools from a side toolbox......My wife beeped for a half mile,the guys donut coffee and stereo was what had his attention.We just stayed in front of him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK folks. Seems this has gone off the rails.
    People are starting to look and point fingers.

Going to close this. Before someone gets a time out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom