• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Once my LTCH gets here I plan on open carrying a bit but am wondering how you keep from scuffing up the seats at home or in your car/truck. I have leather seats and I sure don't want to tear them from the grip/ magazine rubbing on them.
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I carry a 1911 between 3 and 4 o'clock. The seats in my car generally don't get in the way, but the seatbelt buckle tends to get pushed aside by the holster.

One option is to mount a second holster in your car to place the gun. Not only will you not have to worry about the seat, but it will be easier to draw in the event it is needed. I would recommend a retention style holster in case you are ever in a wreck. There's going to be enough stuff flying around in the car and the last thing you want is a loaded weapon airborn with you.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You could always tape a little piece of shirt to the base of your magazines, affording the same level of protection from scuffing and tearing things as when you carry concealed.

:D

I've never found it to be a problem. ;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    This hasn't been an issue for me. Mine is canted forward just a bit, and is a sub-compact. Doesn't really rub on much, other than the seatbelt buckle. I just don't worry about it.

I have more issues with the metal belt clips on my concealment holster. They have marred the dining room chairs a couple of times. OC actually causes LESS damage for me!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I carry a Glock 30 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster and I just tilt the butt forward before i get in my tahoe and no damage to my leather seats. It can be uncomfortable a little in the Truck when I lean left to share the aroma of fresh flowers with my GF after eating chinese though! :D

Top Bottom