• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When I mentioned this to my wife who is from KY and saw the same tanks in Bardstown, she mentioned that a few years ago the residents of Smithfield, KY had run off the distillers who wanted to put a couple of tanks in their area. They cited the black gunk that got onto everything. Here's an article about Shively, KY with some interesting pics of black fungus on cars, signs, everywhere it seems, not just on the tanks. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/78dyqb/kentuckys-whiskey-fungus-problem-is-out-of-control

That's very interesting too.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's covering the Jack Daniel's distillery and surrounding town.

They pay for all the buildings to be power washed every few years.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You could see the flames coming out of the burn-off stacks for quite a ways too.
    I grew up just north of 86th about 3/4 mile into Hendricks county. You could indeed see the glow for a while. One night I was playing outside as a teen and noticed the glow was a LOT brighter. Turns out it was a guy out toward New Castle that struck a 36" gas pipeline with his backhoe, touching off a raging inferno. (They never found his body, and the largest part of his machine was about the size of a shoe box)

When I mentioned this to my wife who is from KY and saw the same tanks in Bardstown, she mentioned that a few years ago the residents of Smithfield, KY had run off the distillers who wanted to put a couple of tanks in their area. They cited the black gunk that got onto everything. Here's an article about Shively, KY with some interesting pics of black fungus on cars, signs, everywhere it seems, not just on the tanks. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/78dyqb/kentuckys-whiskey-fungus-problem-is-out-of-control

It's covering the Jack Daniel's distillery and surrounding town.

They pay for all the buildings to be power washed every few years.

That could explain why I noticed some of the highway exit signs along 65s look dingy just south of Louisville. They look like they are covered with a dingy dirt like they had dirty salted snow splashed on them.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is a picture of it up close. The clean mark is a recent finger swipe.

3Yxyt0A.jpg

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    My dad was a welder at Rock Island Refinery for 15 years. I worked there one week during "clean out" during spring break when I was in college. I am not sure what they produced other than gas and the smell was distinct. the best thing was my brother and I could stop at the guard house and get a key for a gas pump. We could fill our cars up and charge it to my dad. He finally put a stop to it when we started filling up friends cars too.

Top Bottom