Question for you people with kids... Or maybe no kids?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I remember a Christmas show where Rudolph (or was it Bambi?) was lost in a snow storm. And their mother kept them warm and died in the cold snow. But by doing that it protected Rudolph. Nobody I talked to remembers it. Some remember the mother being shot by hunters. (I have no idea on that one) Anyone remember the show?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I do not recall this about Rudolph and to old to remember how bambi went. A movie my son hasn't watched... yet.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I do not recall this about Rudolph and to old to remember how bambi went. A movie my son hasn't watched... yet.

My son is 28 now when he was 5 my mom got him the Bambi book for a birthday or something. He never got it . I threw it in the garbage and told her “ it is propaganda “. You should have seen the look on her and my wife’s face.

We all laugh about it now…

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No kids, never seen either of those movies or read the books, but never read/saw Old Yeller cause I know how it ends.

JMO, keep Christmas happy for your kids. Best to you, and Merry Christmas….. :thumbsup:

Dholcomb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2022
    Indiana
    Below is a link to a Reddit question where someone asked the same thing. Sounds like the Mandela Effect strikes again. If you haven’t heard of the Mandela Effect, look it up. Interesting.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I may be crazy, but I remember... The movie was called Nestor the long eared donkey.

This thing has been haunting me for a month.

(I found this stuck in the que from last night. I replied and must not have sent. ) It seems like it is not politically correct and don't see it on tv anymore.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I may be crazy, but I remember... The movie was called Nestor the long eared donkey.

This thing has been haunting me for a month.

(I found this stuck in the que from last night. I replied and must not have sent. ) It seems like it is not politically correct and don't see it on tv anymore.
    Yep, Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey...

That night, soldiers arrive from the Roman Empire in need of donkeys. After removing the socks from Nestor’s ears, the soldiers think that the owner of the stable, Olaf, was trying to trick them. Olaf offers to give them Nestor for free, but the soldiers instead take all of the other donkeys for free but leave Nestor. Enraged, Olaf throws Nestor out into a blizzard, where Nestor's mother sacrifices her life to shield him from the cold.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Drugs+bad.gif

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yep, Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey...

That night, soldiers arrive from the Roman Empire in need of donkeys. After removing the socks from Nestor’s ears, the soldiers think that the owner of the stable, Olaf, was trying to trick them. Olaf offers to give them Nestor for free, but the soldiers instead take all of the other donkeys for free but leave Nestor. Enraged, Olaf throws Nestor out into a blizzard, where Nestor's mother sacrifices her life to shield him from the cold.
    Good lord! Really? Nestor sounds sorta familiar, but I’m glad I don’t remember ever seeing the movie.

Top Bottom