Question for you quasi internet Lawyers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    someone I know owns a business
    Contract in question is with major CORP. They have been working with them for 4+ years.

They"larger CORP" are refusing payment to the company. Due to the fact they are not recieving payment. "we are third party contractor" Also we have signed confirmation for services rendered.

In the contract which I have copies of, "30 days from receipt of invoice and supporting Documentation for such..........services... if failure to pay within the 30 days, said company is in breach of contract.

What do we do after that point?

It seems as they could care less aabout it. Its a very small part of the contract however. They are starting to slip on many things, in concerns to staying and keeping proper business conditions with said company.

P.S. we do have Business Attor. on retainer But I'm not sure we want to take it that way. We just want to be fair

Thanks for any input I know its an internet forum but INGO has a great set of minds thinking for the most part.lol:ingo:

P.S.S. all of this is fiction at its finest.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    someone I know owns a business
    Contract in question is with major CORP. They have been working with them for 4+ years.

They"larger CORP" are refusing payment to the company. Due to the fact they are not recieving payment. "they are third party contractor" Also they have signed confirmation for services rendered.

In there contract which I have copies of, "30 days from receipt of invoice and supporting Documentation for such..........services... if failure to pay within the 30 days, said company is in breach of contract.

What do they do after that point?

It seems as they could care less aabout it. Its a very small part of the contract however. They are starting to slip on many things, in concerns to staying and keeping proper business conditions with said company.

P.S. They do have Business Attor. on retainer But I'm not sure they want to take it that way. They just want to be fair

Thanks for any input I know its an internet forum but INGO has a great set of minds thinking for the most part.lol:ingo:

JMO, stop doing business with them and write the loss off or take them to court.

:ingo:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Stop rendering goods and services till they pay up. Notify your lawyer that he may be needed and prepare to sue, if necessary. It's not personal, it's business. Nice doesn't enter the picture.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Get a lawyer to send an official-looking, threatening letter, cut off services, and disable any current services you have contol over that might remain unpaid.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Well I "my friend" got off the phone with business Attorney. Said if I stop services they have cause to breach contract, If I continue work and they have not paid by the 10th. He will go after the money and fees to do so. He also said the company might drop the contract all together, then we could sue for future earnings up to a certain amount of years. I'm not sure right now I'll post up what happens. Still unsure how to take this, I've never been sue happy for anything. But I do have a family and ALOT of employees to feed

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Well I "my friend" got off the phone with business Attorney. Said if I stop services they have cause to breach contract, If I continue work and they have not paid by the 10th. He will go after the money and fees to do so. He also said the company might drop the contract all together, then we could sue for future earnings up to a certain amount of years. I'm not sure right now I'll post up what happens. Still unsure how to take this, I've never been sue happy for anything. But I do have a family and ALOT of employees to feed

Make it happen Newman, there are no friends in business... :):
    newman.jpg

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I'm guessing you probably did this, but did you call them to discuss the problem? Did they stop communicating with you all together? Sometimes a call to a purchasing agents supervisor or purchasing VP can get the ball rolling. It could be that the invoicing was "lost in the system" and nobody is looking to fix a problem. All of this might be simpler than going to court, especially if they're a customer that is important to you (minus the not paying part).

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I talked with the owner he seemed to not care. Looks like my Lawyer is going to take it to the next level. Trust me when I say this is a major Corp. I just don't understand people sometimes but in the end they will be paying. If they drop the contract they will be paying for my projected income that will be lost.
    Seems silly to me. But I pay my bills the next day they come in, I wouldn't ever go past a late date or breach a contract. Its not like they couldn't pay it either. If they called and said hey we are going to be a couple weeks late on the payment is that ok with you. I would have had no problem with it. They just seem to think we are going to let it go without getting paid.

Joys of owning a business.lol All I know is that my guys/gals are getting paid on time.

Top Bottom