• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I'm wanting to buy a suppressor for my colt m4 .22 mainly for fun. My question is what all do I have to do to buy one? Where to go? Also do I have to wait?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yes, you have to buy one, but you don't get to have it in your posession until the necessary paperwork has been completed and you recieve your tax stamp. There are some good FAQ's about how to do that.

There are a lot of good Class III dealers in and around Indiana, and many are INGO advertisers. If in South Central Indiana, Acme Sports in Seymour is very good.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Yes, you have to buy one, but you don't get to have it in your posession until the necessary paperwork has been completed and you recieve your tax stamp. There are some good FAQ's about how to do that.

There are a lot of good Class III dealers in and around Indiana, and many are INGO advertisers. If in South Central Indiana, Acme Sports in Seymour is very good.

That's where I got mine.

If you have a center fire handgun you want to also suppress, consider a user serviceable centerfire can.

You can then shoot both 22 and your caliber of choice through it.

I had my AAC Eco 9 jailbroken by SRI so I can clean and rotate the baffles and now I use it on my 9mm and 22lr M&P pistols, and my 12.5" CMMG 22lr upper.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    You will wait a long time. It will seem like an eternity after you send the paperwork in. For me the second purchase was worse because I knew what I was waiting for better.

It isn't much to get into a dedicated .22 can. That's what I did. I am now waiting on a user serviceable .308 can that I can swap around. Will do the paperwork when I find it.

Be warned now that once you get one it becomes almost an addiction to get other NFA items... at least it has for me and I am still a newbie.

Post your location and maybe you can get someone close to let you do a little demo, just to suck you in to the dark side.

Top Bottom