• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    So, I wrote on here a few weeks ago about some equipment coming up missing from my porch. So, I think I found it about four houses down. I was walking my dog and I see a ground blind that looks like the one I ordered from Sporstmans guide. So I go closer, and the Off brand Camelback and the Trailer hitch brake light I ordered are right on the porch. I confronted the owner and he "claims" that he ordered it for his dad. a few weeks ago and I said he doesn't even own a vehicle with a hitch and he said "i had to sell my truck so I don't know what I am going to do with that".
    What should I do? I can't PROVE he stole it, and it's now obviously no longer outdoors, probably now hidden at someone elses home. etc.

Is there anything I can do?

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    all off the same order. I had to have them resend it.

I just found out that he got it. I walked in the front of the house and saw that two numbers in the address are transposed, ending in 68 instead of my 86.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    all off the same order. I had to have them resend it.

I just found out that he got it. It's not Like I knew he had it. I assumed it was a misdelivery, but didn't know where.

1. They resent you the items and you aren't out any $$$ now?

2. What do you mean you found out your neighbor got it? Are you saying you thought he stole it off your porch, but it was actually a misdelivery?

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    1. They resent you the items and you aren't out any $$$ now?

2. What do you mean you found out your neighbor got it? Are you saying you thought he stole it off your porch, but it was actually a misdelivery?
    don't know honestly. I was inside during the supposed delivery but no one knocked but they swore it was delivered (i was in the shower). but when I checked it wasn't there. I was saying that it could have been either stolen or misdelivery. But if my address is on it he has a obligation to bring it to the correct address or call the delivery company.

No, I am not out any money, but that is not the point. Morality and Doing the right thing should be prevelant. I know it's my stuff, it's the exact three items I ordered, conveniently in another guys yard.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    i had something like this happen a few yrs ago.....i bought 4 antique wagon wheels...painted them same color as my house..i put them in my yard for decoration..few months later..all 4 gone...figured i would never see em again...driving a few months later...on other side of town..[Hobart].....i see wagon wheels in front of a lil house..closer look and i can see they have been painted...closer look and i see my paint under the new paint..so i stopped..started loading them in my truck..guy came out..said he was going to call the police..i said, great ..i'll wait..needless to say he never called the police...you should of called the police when ya found em..might of helped..

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Sounds like a mis-delivery to me, but if the box was still around to verify the name and address....morally yes but fault(financial responsibility) lies with the delivery company.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Sounds like a mis-delivery to me, but if the box was still around to verify the name and address....morally yes but fault(financial responsibility) lies with the delivery company.
    no evidence of the box, but I will look on trash day. If he is stupid enough to put the stuff out in the neighborhood, he's dumb enough to put the box out with the address still on the box.

Side note, the stuff is back out in the yard. Anyone want to help me reclaim it so I am not "involved/seen" near the yard? :dunno:

onviousluu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Stand in the middle of the street in front of the guys house and take multiple photos of his house. Be sure to take high quality photos that plainly show his address.

Then create a website with his full name such as "www.suchandsuchisacrook.com."

Precisely and concisely describe what he did illustrating how dishonest your neighbor is. Share the web address on facebook as well.

Tell him to enjoy your products and his new reputation.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Consider yourself lucky. Your order was replaced at no cost, and now you know which of your neighbors is a thief.

All without costing anything. :):

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Consider yourself lucky. Your order was replaced at no cost, and now you know which of your neighbors is a thief.

Good point, I have noticed when I walk my dog I make sure I grab my sidearm, cuz my dog loves to :poop: right by his yard!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Exactly this. And wait for trash day. Once it's in the trash ready for collection it becomes no one's property (IIRC) and you're more than welcome to go dumpster/can diving. If you find the box, don't touch it. At all. Or just wear gloves (recommended anyway). Call the police, tell them the situation. Up to you if you want to press charges or send the information to The Sportsman's Guide. I'm sure they'd be happy to recover the goods or sue him for the money. ;)

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Ummm.... it is not your stuff. You have your stuff. That is Sportsman's Guide's stuff. Unless you are planning a big heist to recover it for them, I think you could end up losing in the long run. I am not sure but I believe if a company sends you something you did not order, you are not obligated to pay for it and if it was mis-delivered, he hasn't done anything illegal. I, personally, think he has done wrong but unfortunately, wrong is not always illegal.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

A big plus Juan to this!:yesway:

Exactly this. And wait for trash day. Once it's in the trash ready for collection it becomes no one's property (IIRC) and you're more than welcome to go dumpster/can diving. If you find the box, don't touch it. At all. Or just wear gloves (recommended anyway). Call the police, tell them the situation. Up to you if you want to press charges or send the information to The Sportsman's Guide. I'm sure they'd be happy to recover the goods or sue him for the money. ;)

Do you really think the local PD is going to run prints on something like this? Hell, they don't even run prints on the majority of stolen cars.

Top Bottom