• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    So i had a neighbor of mine show up today to inform me that one of his neighbors is dumping is junk on the back side of my property. He said the guy told him that he got permission from the landowner to dump stuff there which he HAS NOT!! Does anyone know what all I can and/or should do to resolve this.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Setup one of those outdoor cameras for taking pics of wildlife and such. We got my Dad one for cheap that takes both day and night pics. Motion activated, so when the idiot dumps on your property next time, you get evidence to take to the police. Also, go see what's there and if there's anything that can be linked back to him, you can just call without needing the camera.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    The dumpster outside of the Fire Department was for FD use only, yet we always had people dumping their personal junk in there. One week, it was full of carpet and padding. Mixed inside of that was a trash bag, and inside that was a bill statement.

They got their carpet back on the lawn that afternoon.

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    the neighbor that told me about it has video of him dumping fence on the property, and im getting a copy of that tonight, but i want to try to take care of it without having to call the police. I was also told that he is one of those hotheaded guys with little people syndrome so it could get interesting

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    the neighbor that told me about it has video of him dumping fence on the property, and im getting a copy of that tonight, but i want to try to take care of it without having to call the police. I was also told that he is one of those hotheaded guys with little people syndrome so it could get interesting
    not worth the trouble man, call the police and let him get hotheaded with them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Edit it to play in reverse with a VoiceOver of what a great guy he will be for removing all his crap from your yard and just mail it over. Tell him he has 7 days to prove what a great guy he is or you mail the original to the police.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Does that mean he's dumping over the fence or dumping fencing material? If you're dead set on not calling the cops, which is what I'd do, I like hoosierdoc's idea. You might also check to see if he dumped anything with his name on it or some other incriminating information.

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    I just watched the video and it shows them dragging over peice of their old privacy fence and throwing it over the fence around my property. And the neighbor who came to me about it is willing to give a statment to the police. so with the video and the statment from the neighbor, what all can the police do? i live in avon by the way.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It's already been done on INGO. We need something original.

I'd go tell him to pick up his crap.

I want to be the voice in his head though. I want to be that neighbor's dog that tells people to kill others or to steal cable. I want to be the toaster that rages when you aren't home and tells you to rub yourself with marmalade and smoke a cigar naked on Fountain Square when you come home from work. I'm the man in your head that says, "Throw the rest of your cocktail in that bluehair's face, call her a whore" in the middle of the mall. Why? Because I'm freeing you, I'm freeing you from guilt, from anger, from remorse.

I'm the freak in your head. I'm the voice that liberates your innermost self. I open you up to the world and show them the real you. I'm everything you love and everything you hate about yourself.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    * Take a pic of the trash, mail it without a return address to the guy and include a note saying "don't do it again"

* Print out some illegal dumping law statutes. Mail it to him and say, "I'm watching you"

* Set up a burner phone # and have a nice discreet convo with him.

* Trailcam, evidence, go to police.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I want to be the voice in his head though. I want to be that neighbor's dog that tells people to kill others or to steal cable. I want to be the toaster that rages when you aren't home and tells you to rub yourself with marmalade and smoke a cigar naked on Fountain Square when you come home from work. I'm the man in your head that says, "Throw the rest of your cocktail in that bluehair's face, call her a whore" in the middle of the mall. Why? Because I'm freeing you, I'm freeing you from guilt, from anger, from remorse.

I'm the freak in your head. I'm the voice that liberates your innermost self. I open you up to the world and show them the real you. I'm everything you love and everything you hate about yourself.

Are you the ******* that made me play with the bearspray in my new truck?

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    I have been there done that with the city I live in. They were dumping tons of things. Then someone would set fire to the bags of leaves the city collected and would about smoke us out. I called the city and they bluntly told me they would keep on doing it because it would save the city lots of money vs landfill...Police were NO HELP. Local newspaper was NO HELP. So I did some research and found the answer. I called the Indiana Environmental protection agency, division of air and land pollution (I think). The air pollution people told me that since it's not burning there is nothing they could do if they didn't catch them in the act...the guy decided to drive and look at it and then told me that since there was tires, roofing and such he would turn it over to the land pollution division. The Land pollution division came and inspected it and took pictures. They then drove to the city mayors office and was sadden when they found out he wasn't in so they could see the look on his face but relayed the information to his secretary instead. They informed the city that they have 2 weeks to clean this mess up. There will be 3 inspections, one was done today, the second in a week and the third at the end of two weeks. IF the mess isn't covered with (don't remember the amount but something like 4") soil by the end of 2 weeks you will cease and the State of Indiana will assume the task and will complete the job and the city will be fined for the reclamation. For the next 2 weeks there was semi after semi hauling in dirt all hours of the day and night....I WON !!!

Top Bottom