• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    OP, what area of the state do you live in? It would be easiest for you to get with someone calm and knowledgeable, and discuss your query over coffee, or ice cream, or apple pie. (preferably all three)

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Jeffery, your question is not a hardware question but one of software.

What are you most comfortable and proficient with?

Go shooting with some buddies, see what you like, finger a bunch of guns, best of all, go to a class and allow your software to select your hardware.

Kirk, wouldn't that be his "wetware"? ;)

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Hey guys, newb here. I had a quick question, what the Indiana's laws on assault rifles?
    Thanks,
    Jeffrey

Welcome to INGO!! I congratulate you on your desire to be able to defend yourself and / or your family. As with anything you start or hobby, before you decide, do a lot of reading and research. You will find that every one of us here, unless they were born with a silver gun in their hand, have asked the same question at one time or another. What is the perfect gun?

The 12Gauge Mossburg 500 or Remington 870 are the most common home defense shotguns that people talk about on these forums. To match that when you are out, some type of full size 9mm or 45 pistol. But then in the summer or places where you dare not have the outline of your gun even show, a small 380 auto or 38 revolver. I have all of the above except the 45.

Start slow, do lots of reading and protect yourself well. Whatever you get, go to a range and practice with it and/or get some training. And if you have kids, get a pistol safe if you decide to keep a loaded pistol in your home.

Have a great weekend... Ralph

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    The Indiana License to Carry a Handgun isn't quite a "Concealed Permit", as other states have. Indiana allows you to carry a handgun in any fashion you choose. It's more commonly referred to as a "license", also.

Most 'other states' allow you to carry a handgun 'as you choose' also... Florida and Texas being known exceptions. The reason it's called a 'Concealed Handgun Permit' (or words to that effect), is that it authorizes the carrier to carry concealed, as opposed to 'permitted open carry' only.

Alot of people think 'concealed means concealed' and that's not always the case.

Dwhizzle74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    If you want home defense and a "assault riffle" you could always get a saiga 12 g it's pretty much the best of both worlds but there a LiL pricy from what I see

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    To the OP, I could have sworn I saw your name on this forum before but that is impossible since you only have one post. Where are you located? Perhaps someone geographically close to you will offer a friendly range trip where you can get some FTF answers to your in-depth questions.

Top Bottom