• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Just realized that my 4 year expires on 11/12/14 (thought it was next year) and I am going to renew and get the lifetime. I remember reading something regarding 30 days, that if you do it around that time then your old license carries you over until you receive your new one. However I cant remember if i have to do it before it gets to the 30 days mark(ASAP) or right before it expires(Nov 1st). Can someone verify for me which it is? Also do I go to a different link since I am doing a renewal? Or do I just act like I am applying for a new one and select the lifetime this time? Thanks in advance for your help!

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Just realized that my 4 year expires on 11/12/14 (thought it was next year) and I am going to renew and get the lifetime. I remember reading something regarding 30 days, that if you do it around that time then your old license carries you over until you receive your new one. However I cant remember if i have to do it before it gets to the 30 days mark(ASAP) or right before it expires(Nov 1st). Can someone verify for me which it is? Also do I go to a different link since I am doing a renewal? Or do I just act like I am applying for a new one and select the lifetime this time? Thanks in advance for your help!

Your current license will be valid for as long as your have a pending application submitted before the expiration date of your current license. However, you should have nothing to worry about. They process applications in a week or less now so if you start the process now you will have your new license weeks prior to your expiration. If I was you, I would start the process right now (if you haven't already). Oh, and get a lifetime so you don't have to worry about it again and before they go away.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Applicable code: (emphasis mine)

(b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Your current license will be valid for as long as your have a pending application submitted before the expiration date of your current license. However, you should have nothing to worry about. They process applications in a week or less now so if you start the process now you will have your new license weeks prior to your expiration. If I was you, I would start the process right now (if you haven't already). Oh, and get a lifetime so you don't have to worry about it again and before they go away.

Yeah I planned to get the lifetime this time, cant even remember why I didnt in the first place.

Applicable code: (emphasis mine)

Thank you! This is what I was looking for!

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Yeah I planned to get the lifetime this time, cant even remember why I didnt in the first place.

Probably to save some money at that time :)

Have you started the process of renewal yet? Like I said, get right on that so you have it before it expires and don't have to worry about anything.

Top Bottom