• ...and so much more!
  • nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Ah.
    That makes sense. Thanks!

It isn't a BATFE requirement, but some receiving FFLs will require it. It is mostly a way to keep their ass out of a sling when the BATFE does their next inspection.

The receiving FFL needs to know who the gun came from and where it went. A FFL is easy to get that information from. An individual, not so much. Some individual sellers will forget to put a copy of their DL in with the gun, or they will flat out refuse to provide the receiving FFL with that info (:n00b:). To avoid the hassle and the stupidity that comes with trying to make $30 off a transfer, some FFLs will simply have a blanket policy like that just to cover the lowest common denominator, which can unfortunately be pretty low in the gun owning community.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Like ATM said, you should be able to transfer both guns at the same ffl because they are long guns. There will be a 24 wait involved, IL law. The ffl might let you drive the gun to them so you don't have to ship it.

Let me know who you end up using.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    The 24 hour waiting period was the dealbreaker. He didn't want to drive twice. I can't say I blame him. :dunno:

Thanks again INGO. I feel better informed every time I visit this site.

Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    Top Bottom