• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bustin-arrows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Waldron,IN
    I'm new to site so give me break if this question has been really answered. I have 35 Remington and have trimmed cases down to meet Indiana case length requirements and shoots fairly well. Is this legal to hunt with? Yes or no? It doesn't mention specific rifle calibers it just mentions the die. 357 and case lengths between1.16-1.8. So will this be considered legal? Thanks in advance

bustin-arrows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Waldron,IN
    Thanks.....dad has had this gun for thirty plus years and only used it a few times in VA. He bought it from Kmart in 1981 in Greensburg and now with a little bit of trimming we can use it here I'm stoked. I have only done one round of testing and they shoot great.. 158 hornady xtp/hp with 39grns of imr4895 with win.super x brass cci 200 lr primer hope to whack a doe with it I'm tagged out on buck

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    That's too fast for that .357 Mag bullet, IMO. The 158gr XTP-FP for the .357 Max might be OK though.

Remington, Hornady and Sierra all make 200gr round nose bullets for the .35 Rem. Speer makes a 180gr flat nose, not sure it that's safe for the .35 Rem.

Also there's the 200gr Hornady FTX designed for the .35 Rem with a rubber tip that is safe for the tubular magazine, that's what I would use.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If you go through the thread referenced above, you'll find that some guys have had the Lee FCD trimmed back so they can crimp bullets that way. I would certainly recommend crimping for use in a lever-action, unless you're going to religiously carry the gun with one in the chamber, one in the tube. If you're willing to make that one concession, you can do a lot of things you wouldn't normally do with a lever gun.

Like use 180gr SSP's, from Hornady. :)

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I have a contender in 35 Rem. I trimmed a few cases to check it for function and accuracy. I was pleased with the results.
    I had some Hornady 200 gr Leverevolution setting around so I pulled the bullets trimmed the case then loaded back with their powder etc. Seated to proper height.
    At 50 yds it just makes a tattered hole. I cant wait to see how it does on a deer but, I looks like it may be next year before I get my chance.

Top Bottom