• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I live in an apartment complex on the west side. Lately there have been several robberies in the complex including 2 within my unit. As I was leaving for work this morning, and getting ready to walk down the stairs(I live on the top floor), I heard someone else starting to walk up the stairs from the ground level. At first I thought nothing of it, and just figured it was someone else who lived there. As soon as she saw me however she immediately turned around and ran back down the stairs. She then hopped into the back seat of a 4 person full size truck, and the truck sped away further into the complex.

I called IMPD non-emergency dispatch and reported the suspicious vehicle and gave them all the info I had, and the lady took down my number and said they would send out a unit to drive through the complex. My question is if there is a way i can found out if anything came of my report? Is there a website that I can look up the results, or can I just call back dispatch and ask? This is the first time I've had to report a suspicious vehicle, and I would like to know if they located the vehicle/occupants. :dunno:

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    The problems at 38th go well beyond this individual though. I'd move if you could.

Yeah I am working on that. I am outside the 465 circle, and the complex was actually fairly decent when i first moved in about 2 years ago. Its changed very much for the worse in the past 8 months or so. Currently working on saving some cash so I can try and move out when my lease is up in January.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    That would be a "You live on 38th St, we don't have the resources to investigate a suspicious vehicle when we have all the other stuff going on around there but I can't say that. "

JK

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    PM sent. I work Northwest (above 10th street) and would cover your area. Hit me up and I'll let you know what's going on in your 'hood.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    PM sent. I work Northwest (above 10th street) and would cover your area. Hit me up and I'll let you know what's going on in your 'hood.

Don't fall for it. He's just trying to bait you into assaulting a police officer. :):

The westside has really declined. I lived at Holt and Rockville and went to school at BD. Not even the same place. 'Course, that was 20 years ago. :n00b:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I looked up the run. The officers checked the complex and didn't find the truck you described. If in the future you want to speak to an officer, tell dispatch that and they will come to your apartment. Otherwise they will check the area and leave if nothing is found.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I looked up the run. The officers checked the complex and didn't find the truck you described. If in the future you want to speak to an officer, tell dispatch that and they will come to your apartment. Otherwise they will check the area and leave if nothing is found.

Thanks Frank! Kinda figured nothing would be found though sadly.

BTW if someone could rep Frank and VUPD for me for their help, I would appreciate it! I have to spread mine around

Top Bottom