• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Hello all. I'm currently thinking about picking up my LTCH. My question though is this; I moved and the address on my license is my old address. Do I need to update my license before I apply for my LTCH?

Thanks to all in advance...

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    If you live in Johnson County...I had to have my license address updated.

Seeing as how technically you could be ticketed for having the wrong address if pulled over, I would hate to go in for prints under the same premise.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Hello all. I'm currently thinking about picking up my LTCH. My question though is this; I moved and the address on my license is my old address. Do I need to update my license before I apply for my LTCH?

Thanks to all in advance...

As others said, yes you do need to update your address on your license.

I had this issue when I applied for my LTCH earlier this year, I had recently moved from Carmel to Fishers and did not have an updated drivers license with my new address. My experience went like this. At 9:00am I went to the DMV and changed my address for my Indiana drivers license. The DMV no longer gives you a new license, they mail the new one to your address about 10 days after you stop in the DMV. If you ask they will give you a paper printout that shows your new address and it had some wording on it that said it was a valid Indiana identification when presented with current license. After leaving the DMV I went to work and went online and applied for my Lifetime LTCH at around 10:00am. I scheduled electronic fingerprinting through L1 for 12:30 I think. After I got my fingerprints done I went to the Fishers PD. I was back at work by 1:30 or so. About 2 weeks later I got my LTCH in the mail.

I offered to show my paper from the DMV showing my updated address to both L1 and the Fishers PD; they both took a quick glance at it and said it was ok.

This was my experience, rather painless. Your experience may be different if you get someone at L1 or the PD who wants to give you a hard time because of the paper license.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    My brother's experience was very similar to defender14's. He changed his address but didn't have the new license yet, just the paper. He went directly from the BMV to the PD and had no issues whatsoever.

Top Bottom