• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I am very fond of Smith Wesson J frames. Owned several and all were 100% reliable. I have shot 1000,s of rounds in them over several years. All Always worked.

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Thank you all for the help. I have made a decision and it is the Smith & Wesson 686 Plus. The extra round, heavy frame, and adjustable sights are all selling points for me.
    SmithWesson686.jpg

Anyone have one?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Thank you all for the help. I have made a decision and it is the Smith & Wesson 686 Plus. The extra round, heavy frame, and adjustable sights are all selling points for me.
    SmithWesson686.jpg

Anyone have one?

had a 6".....great choice!!!

have a 686-4 6" pre-lock now...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    SmithWesson686.jpg

Anyone have one?
    They are no doubt a fine gun and I do like revolvers, especially Smiths. I have a model 66 2.5 inch (smaller and lighter than the 686). I quickly got tired of lugging it around for daily carry. I went with a S&W 642 because although less powerful and a little harder to shoot accurately, I knew that I would carry it daily.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a 686+,2.5" pre lock that I 'm getting ready to put up for sale in the next few days. I think you have made a pretty good choice. If I had not comitted to buying something else,I would be keeping it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Excellent choice! I love everything about the 686+. Mine is a 4" that I do everything with. If I'm going fishing or in the woods, it's OC. If I feel like carrying a full size, it goes IWB. If I'm shooting in competition, it's the one I take. The gun I have on my nightstand- yep, same 686. I'm even thinking about giving it a try for deer this season.

Very versatile and highly accurate. Congrats!

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks everyone for your help.

I have a 686+,2.5" pre lock that I 'm getting ready to put up for sale in the next few days. I think you have made a pretty good choice. If I had not comitted to buying something else,I would be keeping it.
    Darn, I have already ordered one. Enjoy the new firearm.

Excellent choice! I love everything about the 686+. Mine is a 4" that I do everything with. If I'm going fishing or in the woods, it's OC. If I feel like carrying a full size, it goes IWB. If I'm shooting in competition, it's the one I take. The gun I have on my nightstand- yep, same 686. I'm even thinking about giving it a try for deer this season.

Very versatile and highly accurate. Congrats!
    Thanks! I also like that it is a firearm that can file mutiple roles.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    SmithWesson686.jpg

Anyone have one?
    Great choice. I have known people to complain about the rubber grips hanging up on clothing. Otherwise, like everyone stated great gun.

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    I finally received my new revolver and it sure is fine looking. Now to make time for the range.
    916dbb91.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Awesome looking gun! Hard to tell from the picture, is that a six or seven shot revolver. Seven rounds of .357 is some serious horsepower. Not what I would call a summer carry gun but an excellent choice for a defensive arm. The stainless is shiny and reminds me of something a rogue DEA agent would carry in a 90s action movie. So points for the cool factor. Now all you need is the mirrored aviators sunglasses.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    OK... I'm the "Rogue DEA agent" you were obviously referring to... My 2 cents is that after 27 yrs on the job, you can't go wrong with any of the hammerless S&W J frame revolvers referred to as Centennial models. The first one I used had a grip safety which was promptly taped down since the curcumference of the grip was too small to ensure 100% activation. Currently I regularly use either a stainless 357 Model 640, a 38 Model 442, or the MP340 .357 I am wearing as I write this. All have the oversize Pachmayer Compac grips that make these a dream to use. There is simply no better (or more reliable) backup on the Planet. My primary for 17 years was the S&W Model 29-2 until DOJ policy forced me to switch to a 1911. my current Wilson Professional 45ACP. Guess what! The little J frame is more reliable. Get the 357 and shoot +P 38's.... you will never wear it out. I have 18,000 rounds thru one of them. (based on 200 rounds every other month for 15 years). Semper Fi.

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Made it to the range today and put the 686 through some drills. I did two hand, left, and right hand shooting at 15 yards and was able to keep center mass. Not being a wheel gun guy I was very pleased with the results for the first time out.:rockwoot:

b0cc14a4.jpg

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    I've carried my colt detective special 3rd gen.--1974 for the past 10 years. Put a set of pachmayers with a Don Hume No. 52 belt holster for oc or cc. Good luck with your smith--great guns. Best regards.:ingo:

Top Bottom