• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Does anyone remember when the 82nd st location was shut down for kitchen reasons?

Castleton Olive Garden closed after sicknesses - 13 WTHR

I was just talking about this today with my g.m. It cost Darden over $200,000 to clean and re-furnish the store. The server for the table that caused all of this ended up working for me 6 months later so I got all the scoop. Hell, if that would of happened to a locally owned restaurant it would of shut them down and it was a guest that caused the whole problem.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I like Olive Garden, always have. Sure it's not cool to say you like the low budget place, but I'm not gonna lie, it's not bad at all.
    It's impossible to say it not "real" italian food, so that confuses me. For all the different types of hamburgers in the the US, categorized as "American" food, I'd imagine that there is an Italian somewhere in Italy that makes a lasagna similar to what's served at OG.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    When I was in college over 20 yrs ago we ate kunch at OG all the time. We chowed down on bread sticks, salad and tea. I always thought their entrees tasted as if they were microwaved and not very tasty. I have only eaten there a few times since college though.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    A restaurant being busy? Wait, I thought there was a recession going on and the high gas prices were keeping people home and not spending money?

Or is that just what they want you to think???;)

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I like the breadsticks and always get the alfredo sauce to dip in - remember when the bowl of alfredo sauce was full and not just covering the bottom?

I would rather to Carrabas, Marconi Grill or Magianos its all about the same $$ can't stand Fazollis

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Update.

Went to Olive Garden in Castleton this evening (yes the one that was shut down a year or two ago for the kitchen)

Why did I go you ask? My wife got a $50 gift card. This place is disgusting. The best part of the meal was the salad and breadsticks. I will never go back.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    I hate OG. There are so many better Italian restaurants around - usually the locally owned ones!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Update.

Went to Olive Garden in Castleton this evening (yes the one that was shut down a year or two ago for the kitchen)

Why did I go you ask? My wife got a $50 gift card. This place is disgusting. The best part of the meal was the salad and breadsticks. I will never go back.

You must have a more sophisticated palate than the millions of Americans that love that place.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I was up in Providence Rhode Island a couple of years ago. There was a section of town that was nothing but family owned Italian restaurants. We went there three of the four nights we were there. Everyone there was named Tony but the food was the best.

Top Bottom