• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I recently moved to indiana from Illinois, great move on my part by the way..., and I have an Arizona concealed carry permit and a Pennsylvania permit also. Until I received my Indiana drivers license I couldn't apply for the Indiana one and I still want to carry under the Arizona permit until I get my lifetime sent off and get the permit back, am I allowed to do this?
    Thanks guys/gals

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    IIRC, you have some time limit...I think it's 6 months to get a driver's license after taking up residency. Once you have established residency, I'm pretty sure you cannot remain under your former state's CCW or LTCH, etc. But there are others here that know the laws backwards and forwards, better than me, so I'll wait and see how close I am....

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, IIRC, Indiana does not recognize your out of state version of our LTCH if you have become an Indiana resident. If you aren't yet a resident you should be ok. It sounds like you might be caught in an unfortunate place; a new resident waiting for his Indiana LTCH to show up, while no longer legally allowed to carry on your out of state version :(

So, since I'm a slow typer, I'm pretty much concurring with GodFearin's answer :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I recently moved to indiana from Illinois, great move on my part by the way..., and I have an Arizona concealed carry permit and a Pennsylvania permit also. Until I received my Indiana drivers license I couldn't apply for the Indiana one and I still want to carry under the Arizona permit until I get my lifetime sent off and get the permit back, am I allowed to do this?
    Thanks guys/gals

You can carry on any other state's gun permit as long as you are not an Indiana resident. The INGO FAQ has an entire entry on what constitutes residency. I suggest you look at it before assuming you're not one yet.

IIRC, you have some time limit...I think it's 6 months to get a driver's license after taking up residency. Once you have established residency, I'm pretty sure you cannot remain under your former state's CCW or LTCH, etc. But there are others here that know the laws backwards and forwards, better than me, so I'll wait and see how close I am....

You can establish residency on Day 1. See the INGO FAQ.

Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well I just got my Indiana residency today so it sounds like I'm stuck in a hard place, where I cannot carry until I get my permit... Darn

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well I just got my Indiana residency today so it sounds like I'm stuck in a hard place, where I cannot carry until I get my permit... Darn

Luckily, you can still own guns and you can still transport them (under certain conditions), you just can't carry outside the home. No FOID needed AND no registration. We're not Illinois. :):

Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So I'll bet we can guess what you'll be doing ASAP....:D

You would be correct :) the girlfriend has her pink paper, so she can protect me for the time being, how do you guys protect the pink paper while carrying it on your person all the time or does it have to be carried all the time, the Arizona one I have is like a credit card.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You would be correct :) the girlfriend has her pink paper, so she can protect me for the time being, how do you guys protect the pink paper while carrying it on your person all the time or does it have to be carried all the time, the Arizona one I have is like a credit card.

Like my grandma used to say: Do as I say, not as I did....MAKE COPIES OF YOUR LTCH BEFORE YOU LAMINATE IT! But yeah, just laminate a copy...but reduce it a little first so it'll fit better in your wallet.

A year or so ago, they changed the law so that you don't have to have it on your person while carrying, but I think it's a good idea to do it...theoretically, once you produce proof of a LTCH, that is supposed to satisfy the LEO that you have a positive defense to the otherwise unlawful carrying of a handgun.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Pretty much all of us laminate it. Most of us ( I would suspect) take the unsigned version straight from the envelope, run over to Kinko's, get about 10 copies made on the regulation pink paper, mark the original on the back (just in case it matters, although I've never heard any reason why it would), and stash one anywhere we might be while possessing a handgun. A recent modification/interpretation of the IC makes it unnecessary to actually have it on your person, but I don't have any reason to not have it on me at all times.

Edit: Damn it! Slow again! :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pretty much all of us laminate it. Most of us ( I would suspect) take the unsigned version straight from the envelope, run over to Kinko's, get about 10 copies made on the regulation pink paper, mark the original on the back (just in case it matters, although I've never heard any reason why it would),

If only we had a FAQ that covered that question... :D

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Problem solved... just carry and AR15 strapped to your back. No LTCH needed. :) Don't thank me. I do take paypal donations, though.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Man where would I be without you guys :), I was looking for a FAQ thread.... Sorry bout that fellas

There's actually a FAQ entry about it. :):

Why doesn't INGO have a FAQ with questions that seem to be asked often around here?
    Amazingly enough, INGO does actually have a FAQ. It was officially stickied in January 2009, and is periodically updated by the Moderators of this forum. As soon as we can remember where we put it, we'll post a link.

Where can I find a link to the INGO FAQ?
    Most Moderators actually have a link to the FAQ in their signatures. Just find a post by a Moderator and click the link!

Or, if you can't seem to find a post by a Moderator, you might try actually clicking the big green FAQ button on the far right of the button links at the top of every single page. On that page, click the super-sized, bolded link that says, "The Official INGO FAQ (START HERE FIRST!!!)." Once you click through to the next page, click the super-sized, bolded link at the top of the page that states, "Click here for the INGO FAQ!"

I know that seems really complicated, but the FAQ button at the top of every single page simply goes to the standard vBulletin forum FAQ, which has absolutely nothing to do with this particular INGO forum.

Top Bottom