• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    for the record, im not trying to dish anyone or insult them in anyway. BUT is there anyway that maybe we can get all of the "AR vs AK" and like threads moved into maybe one particular sticky at the top of say the long guns area next to the show and tell stuff? That way people that are not familar with them can read up on them prior to posting the question about differences between the two?

It just seems like everyday somebody is posting the question of whats the pluses/minuses of an AR vs an AK. I completely understand wanting to learn, but im sure im not the only one who is noticing multiple repeats of the same thread over and over.

So what I thought about doing is doing a write up about the differences and then posting it for all to see. Id gather everything thats been said in the other ones. Just a thought, anyone have any opinions to that?:dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    twould solve a few constant threads...

No, it wouldn't. People would either a) not bother to read through the stickied threads (most likely), or b) read them, then start a new thread about the same thing anyway.

Besides, the number of recurring themes/threads here is almost innumerable; if we had stickies for all of them, there wouldn't be any room for new threads on page 1...

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    No, it wouldn't. People would either a) not bother to read through the stickied threads (most likely), or b) read them, then start a new thread about the same thing anyway.

Then why sticky the ar and ak picture threads? or any threads other then FAQ threads?

I understand what your saying, but then i think the ar and ak threads shouldn't be stickies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Then why sticky the ar and ak picture threads? or any threads other then FAQ threads?

Look at the threads we currently have stuck in the various forums; they are primarily informational rather than conversational in nature - pic threads, list of Indiana gunsmiths, NFA timelines & info, online ammo sources, law links, FAQs, etc. Sticking those types of things provides an easy reference where one can go to get factual information. Sticking a "9mm vs. .45" or "AR vs. AK" thread would just give folks several dozen pages of opinion, arguments and off-topic banter that may or may not answer the question(s) they came in with.

Last edited:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    INGO has stickies?

I know, I know. Just kidding, I couldn't resist. So many others have gotten away with it, that I just wanted to do it once.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

Besides, the number of recurring themes/threads here is almost innumerable; if we had stickies for all of them, there wouldn't be any room for new threads on page 1...

Or any need for the new threads. This is a gun site, despite all the other chatter, there's bound to be a few conversations about guns pop up! Cold hard fact is, there isn't all that much new to talk about most of the time. Besides, seems like every time a thread like that pops up, somebody manages to impart something that hasn't been brought up before.

WTH don't people just skip over the threads if they are bored with them? I do that now and again. Answer the same thing gets old, so I'll just skip one sometimes, especially if there are two similar threads going and I've already spoke up in one.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I feel a new FAQ page coming up. If someone can offer up UNBIASED and OBJECTIVE <x> vs. <y> posts (and point me to them, or PM me), I'll add them to the FAQ thread after a brief review.

But Shooter's right: it either wouldn't get read, or it would get read and people would ask anyway. ;)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I feel a new FAQ page coming up. If someone can offer up UNBIASED and OBJECTIVE <x> vs. <y> posts (and point me to them, or PM me), I'll add them to the FAQ thread after a brief review.

But Shooter's right: it either wouldn't get read, or it would get read and people would ask anyway. ;)

Since I own none of the below, I can provide unbiased viewpoints:

AR, the weapon that has protected America for decades, is better than the beloved by terrorists and commies AK
    XD is better than the pathetic Glocknade
    Ruger revolvers are better and stronger than the girlyman, Clinton loving S&Ws.

Pleased to be of service!

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Since I own none of the below, I can provide unbiased viewpoints:

AR, the weapon that has protected America for decades, is better than the beloved by terrorists and commies AK
    XD is better than the pathetic Glocknade
    Ruger revolvers are better and stronger than the girlyman, Clinton loving S&Ws.

Pleased to be of service!

9mm is the supreme handgun caliber as well.

Top Bottom