• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I have had a couple of the Stevens 311's and still have a 20ga Full/Mod. The prices are still affordable and they have double triggers they have always been a good entry level double.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    all depends if you are willing to practice with it

You're making my point. One trigger is inherently more fumble free. No question.

As you point out, the increased complexity can be mitigated somewhat with practice. Sure. Completely? Maybe. How much? Depends.

My preference is to reduce variables that offer little to no benefit.

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    Negative about the single trigger is you can't join the bruised finger club. If you have ever shot a double trigger a bunch you are probably already a member and know what I mean.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Not really any faster, buy the time you pull the gun down from the recoil and back on target your finger is already on the second trigger. I shot Winchester and Parker SXS's with double triggers for skeet for many years and never had any issue with getting to the second trigger.

Don't you guys know how to shoot a double trigger, double barrel shotgun? You use double fingers. It is not hard at all. Except on the rare, occasional times when you pull both triggers at the same time unintentionally.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You're making my point. One trigger is inherently more fumble free. No question.

As you point out, the increased complexity can be mitigated somewhat with practice. Sure. Completely? Maybe. How much? Depends.

My preference is to reduce variables that offer little to no benefit.

I have shot both styles for 25 plus years....There is no difference in speed between a single trigger or double triggers....When you pull the front trigger (on a double trigger shotgun) your trigger finger naturally goes back to the rear trigger...No practice needed ("fumble free" in other words...)

I have hunted doves (and many other game birds)with my single trigger Citori or my Spanish SxS sidelock with double triggers and if anything the Citori is a little slower on the second shot (but not enough to make any difference...) than the traditional double trigger SxS sidelock...

I will say this...Single triggers are more complicated and more likely to have issues or be affected by dirt, grime, and grease than double triggers.....If you have an issue with a single trigger gun you have no shots...If you have an issue with a double trigger gun you just have one less shot...

IMHO and your results may vary....

sassdan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    brick house off cent
    I'm wanting one , mostly because I don't have one . My desire is rabbit ears , dual triggers , 20" barrels . Stoeger has the Double defense , ported ,but only one trigger . Which barrel fires first with one trigger ? is this a better arrangement ? Do I really need 2 triggers ? Wife's gone for 2 more days and I need a new toy .

So what did you get?

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a Stevens 311 20 gauge. These seem about the best used double at reasonable prices. $350.00/$400.00 give or take for a decent one.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Stoegers, while not the highest quality, are pretty decent shotguns. I have been shooting one for quite some time and have no complaints. Both sets of barrels (20 and 28 ga) shoot to point of aim and the gun handles very well.

sto1.jpg

Top Bottom