• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    So, lets get this all on the table; my fiancee WANTS to shoot, but seems to require a pink firearm in order to do so.

This has been easy enough with pistols; a .22 with pink grip plates and a .38 with a pink rubber grip.

Now she wants a shotgun. She has shot a 12, a 20, and a .410, and she likes the 20, and she likes the pump action. So we know we would like a 20 gauge pump. She is also partial to Mossberg, as she is a lefty and the ambidextrous position of the safety is nice.

So we've found several models of Mossberg in 20 gauge that we like; it'll be mainly for home defense, and so we're looking at the 18 or 20 inch barrel versions, and a shorter length of pull, (youth stocks,) would be nice, although not absolutely necessary.

The problem is, I can't find any after-market pink stocks. They have the pink CAMO stocks, but she doesn't want pink camo; wants solid pink. So I am considering getting a Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge with an 18 inch barrel and the plastic furniture, and just hydrographing the stock and forend pink.

So, looking for solid pink hydrographing sheets, OR, looking for an alternative to make a plastic Mossberg stock hot pink. Didn't think that just paint would be durable enough. Any ideas?

(and yes, I know this is ridiculous; but if she wants a new gun, I'm willing to make it pink, purple, striped, polka dotted, glow in the dark, attach a coffee maker and a magnifying makeup mirror if need be...whatever she wants.)

So help me out guys; I've already armed her, and now I need to keep her happy so she doesn't turn on me. Quickly! Help! :dunno:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Also, I was just informed that one with a wood grain pattern similar to this,

2hda1c0.jpg

would be acceptable, (although inferior to a solid hot-pink.) So if anybody knows where I could find a wood-grain stock/forend set in that type of shade, that'd be swell too. :)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Rustoleum now makes a "Krylon" spray paint specifically formulated for plastics. Works very well with most all synthetics.

Can be obtained at Ace Hardware, Menards, Lowes, Nome Despot,...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    They advertise it forms a mollecular bond with most all plastics. It is supposed to be for outdoor plastic lawn furniture and the like.

If it will hold up to butts being dragged back and forth over it, I'd say it would be worth a try.

It's relatively inexpensive too.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've used Krylon on several different guns. It is pretty durable, inexpensive and easy to use. Also it can be easily touched up if need be. :yesway:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    It's called Krylon Fusion. I've used it with good results. It's a bit more expensive than regular spray paint, IIRC, but not ridiculous. Certainly much cheaper than a new stock.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Duracoat was going to be my advice too. you can get just the stocks duracoated or the whole gun. There are a few members on here who could do it I believe.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Also, I was just informed that one with a wood grain pattern similar to this,

2hda1c0.jpg

would be acceptable, (although inferior to a solid hot-pink.) So if anybody knows where I could find a wood-grain stock/forend set in that type of shade, that'd be swell too. :)

maybe grab a few different shades of krylon or duracote and try to simulate as close as you can the stock you have pictured here or a camo effect. or maybe just try what Zoglog did with more "girlie" colors.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/204613-gunsmithing_diy_camo_lots_of_pictures.html

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Hmm. I will probably end up going the spray-can route; since we only want to do the stock and forend, seems to be the easiest and cheapest way to go.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If you can find tan or FDE polymer furniture, you could dye the stock and fore end section any color you wanted.

I do like those stocks. I keep telling my nephew I'm going to build him a pink gun. Might just have to pick up a cheap 20g Mossberg 500 and throw the pink furniture on. If he doesn't like it, I'll wait for my niece to be old enough.

Rocknhawk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I think that it is honorable that everyone is offering advice without razzing you. Must be we're realizing that it doesn't matter if the gun is pink, as long as the lead coming out of it goes straight. Props to you for making your lady happy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think that it is honorable that everyone is offering advice without razzing you. Must be we're realizing that it doesn't matter if the gun is pink, as long as the lead coming out of it goes straight. Props to you for making your lady happy.

Making fun of someone with a pink gun, not smart.
    Also, if it gets the gf to get more into the sport, why not?
    After all, I want to paint my blackhawk stock on my 10/22 blue.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Making fun of someone with a pink gun, not smart.
    Also, if it gets the gf to get more into the sport, why not?
    After all, I want to paint my blackhawk stock on my 10/22 blue.
    Same here except in UK wildcats royal blue. Im wondering if itll have to have a primer applied first to cover the black?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Same here except in UK wildcats royal blue. Im wondering if itll have to have a primer applied first to cover the black?

I would say a light gray, or white.
    My stock has adjustable length, so I'd have to tape off part, so the paint wouldn't make it not collapse.

Top Bottom